Week 20 GC: Philadelphia @ Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: Philadelphia @ Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 20 GC: Philadelphia @ Arizona

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:34 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Tyeattolah wrote:McNabb had a horrible night...missed some wide open receivers with bad throws...yeah I know he put up good numbers...but consistent DM is not!!! I say he's out of Phily...so's Andy! The city of brotherly love doesn't love losers!

Yeah right. You really think that team is better off with Kolb?

Exactly. Iv'e been arguing with Eagles fans all night trying to put the blame on McNabb....please. First off try and get to the NFC Championship without him. Then once you get there make sure your defense shows up in the first half. What a joke. Thats right boot McNabb because Kolb is the savior....and fire Reid because there's a better coach to be hired....good luck ungrateful eagle fans.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 am

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Tyeattolah wrote:McNabb had a horrible night...missed some wide open receivers with bad throws...yeah I know he put up good numbers...but consistent DM is not!!! I say he's out of Phily...so's Andy! The city of brotherly love doesn't love losers!

Exactly. Iv'e been arguing with Eagles fans all night trying to put the blame on McNabb....please. First off try and get to the NFC Championship without him. Then once you get there make sure your defense shows up in the first half. What a joke. Thats right boot McNabb because Kolb is the savior....and fire Reid because there's a better coach to be hired....good luck ungrateful eagle fans.

McNabb will stay in Philly and so will Andy Reid, silencing those few remaining fans who wish to see them go and silencing any remaining Eagles fan haters who wish to continue to harp on it.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby m16a » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:01 am

I don't get why, with a bad game (even if it was the NFC championship) everyone thinks that is enough to boot McNabb and fire Reid. Sure, McNabb didn't have the best first half (it wasn't terrible, only dwarfed my an amazing Warner first half) and he had an excellent second half, very nearly scoring a come from behind victory. This team isn't ready for Kolb, Kolb is ready to run the team. McNabb has PLENTY left in the tank, and the Eagles are good for a few more runs before the McNabb era ends. If anything, this game reinforced the Eagles need for a "stud" WR, not just a "solid" group of "competent" receivers (I put sold and competent in quotations because, while I agree, many others do not.) Fitz was an absolute beast, and he showed how a stud receiver really changes the game for a team. The Philly Inquirer ran an interesting page comparing Warner and McNabb based on supporting cast. Warner has had guys Like Fitz, Boldin, Bruce, Faulk, James. While McNabb has had studs in on Westbrook and TO. Not taking anything away from Warner, as he is a good QB, but what would the careers of both QBs look like if the supporting cast was switched around? Props to Arizona for completely outplaying the Eagles during this game. Props to the Eagles for a heckuva run, and once again giving Philly something to cheer for. Train hard in the offseason, plug a few holes, and get back to contending next year.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 am

You can't really blame the loss on McNabb's lack of weapons. Sure the only big name he has is Westbrook, but he had a pretty good supporting cast. Jackson has had one of the better rookie WR seasons since Bouldin. He had another great game yesterday. Kevin Curtis and their TE had a good game too. Sure they're not Fitz or Boldin, but James and hightower isn't Westbrook either.

McNabb's passing was erratic at best. He under threw a lot of people.

I don't think he'll be back next year. He wants out of Philly about as much as a lot of Philly fans want him out.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

How is the defense any more to blame for giving up 24 points than the offense for only putting up 6? If anything, it's the offenses fault that the D was on the field so much. Now, I don't think they would have been better off with Cobb, but Tyettolah didn't say that. All he said is that he had a horrible night, and he's right.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:05 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

How is the defense any more to blame for giving up 24 points than the offense for only putting up 6? If anything, it's the offenses fault that the D was on the field so much. Now, I don't think they would have been better off with Cobb, but Tyettolah didn't say that. All he said is that he had a horrible night, and he's right.

Um no actually he didn't have a horrible night he had a pretty bad first half but not a horrible game. 28/47 375 yards 8.0 avg and 3TD's with only one pick is not a horrible night, McNabb also had 2 long runs for a total of 31 yards. Hell he rallied his team 18 points down to a 25-24 lead in the 4th quarter, then much like they did all game the defense folded like a cheap suit. The Eagles defense had a horrible night not McNabb. You can't blame the offenses lack of production for the D playing so poorly, thats a cop out and is really quite ridiculous. From the very first snap Philly's D was flailing around, Arizona marched right down the field with ease and pretty much did all night. Warner picked em apart like he was playing against a Pop Warner team, they couldn't cover anybody and couldn't get a blitz on Warner to save their lives. That is not McNabb's fault. Could McNabb have played better? Sure but he did his part to make plays to give his team a chance to win, his defense let him down.

If you really think McNabb is to blame for the loss and not the Eagles defense you must have been watching a different game than the rest of the country was or are just trying to be argumentative.
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Metroid wrote:If you really think McNabb is to blame for the loss and not the Eagles defense you must have been watching a different game than the rest of the country was or are just trying to be argumentative.

That's a pretty strong statement seeing as there are at least a couple other people that agree with me here. And if you were watching the same game as me, you would have seen the throws that were well behind open receivers and the overthrows to receivers open for big plays downfield. Arizona's defense isn't that good, yet McBabb struggled. Also, how about easing up and accusing me of being argumentative? I just stated my opinion.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:If you really think McNabb is to blame for the loss and not the Eagles defense you must have been watching a different game than the rest of the country was or are just trying to be argumentative.

That's a pretty strong statement seeing as there are at least a couple other people that agree with me here. And if you were watching the same game as me, you would have seen the throws that were well behind open receivers and the overthrows to receivers open for big plays downfield. Arizona's defense isn't that good, yet McBabb struggled. Also, how about easing up and accusing me of being argumentative? I just stated my opinion.

Thicken your skin man, saying you may be being argumentative was not meant as an insult. :-b

In the game I watched McNabb struggled in the first half and made some bad throws the entire game however I also saw a pathetic attempt at defense by the Eagles. Like I said McNabb could have played better but the fact remains that Philly's D did not show up, they looked horrible. You're completely ignoring what he did in the 2nd half to put his team in a position to win. He obviously needed help from his defense and didn't get it.
Metroid

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes the D is to blame for putting McNabb and the O in the position of having to make a comeback, but it's safe to say that McNabb's eratic passing killed that last drive when they were trying to go down to tie the game at the end of the 4th quarter. He had a horrible 1st half, a good 3rd quarter and most of the 4th, but down the stretch, it was his high or behind the WR passing that cost them the game.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Munboy wrote:

Yes the D is to blame for putting McNabb and the O in the position of having to make a comeback, but it's safe to say that McNabb's eratic passing killed that last drive when they were trying to go down to tie the game at the end of the 4th quarter. He had a horrible 1st half, a good 3rd quarter and most of the 4th, but down the stretch, it was his high or behind the WR passing that cost them the game.

But see you can't say any one series is where the game was lost. Should we blame the loss on the no PI call on Curtis on Philly's final drive? No. McNabb made some bad plays and some great plays, he threw for 375 yards and 3 TD's which is normally enough to ask of your QB. What cost the Eagles the game was the play of their defense the entire game. Warner was upright pretty much the entire game, I think only sacked twice. He and Fitz picked the Eagles apart. Put the blame where it lies.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting