Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:32 pm

A fine wouldn't surprise me, especially because Clark has a history of unnecessary hits on receivers, but anything past that would be ridiculous. He led with his shoulder, and there wasn't any malicious intent.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:42 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:A fine wouldn't surprise me, especially because Clark has a history of unnecessary hits on receivers, but anything past that would be ridiculous. He led with his shoulder, and there wasn't any malicious intent.

Which is why there wont be any fine against him,his history wont play any part in the matter. That was a fully legal hit.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:A fine wouldn't surprise me, especially because Clark has a history of unnecessary hits on receivers, but anything past that would be ridiculous. He led with his shoulder, and there wasn't any malicious intent.

Which is why there wont be any fine against him,his history wont play any part in the matter. That was a fully legal hit.

I agree with your reasoning Met, but I've seen much worse fines handed out. LaMarr Woodley got fined for tackling Jason Campbell "in an intimidating manner" (yes, official reason for fine), and Clark got fined 5k for etching 21 into his eyeblack to honor Sean Taylor. After that, no fine Goodell can hand out would surprise me. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am

I think Clark would be cleared of wrongdoing after a league review if it was clear that he led with his shoulders.
I can't remember whether he was fined last time he hit Wes Welker with his helmet but am sure that in that case, it was ruled as a clean hit.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 am

I hate to see any player hurt, even on a rival team....But no way should Clark be fined AT ALL. His tackle was completely legal. He was leading with his shoulder, NOT aiming for a helmet. Watch the play again, McGahee dropped his head at the last moment causing their helmets to collide. I know Clark has delivered some helmet-to-helmet hits in his career, but that one was certainly not his fault.

Anyways, an expected game. Hard hitting. Lots of bumps and bruises on both sides! Now the Steeler have a chance to get (Read: WILL get) a most ever 6th superbowl ring! ;-D

On a side note, I'm surprised there wasn't any moaning and complaining about the Roughing the kicker call. And the Oscar goes to....Mitch Burger in "Oh ow! He hit me!"
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:56 am

Munboy wrote:On a side note, I'm surprised there wasn't any moaning and complaining about the Roughing the kicker call. And the Oscar goes to....Mitch Burger in "Oh ow! He hit me!"

That was a pretty good acting job. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Clark was not fined on the Welker hit and I do not believe that he will get fined on this one either. It was a clean hit, he did not try to hurt Willis, nor did he lead with his head.

It was a rough game though, a lot of people limping off of the field but what did you expect? Flacco had a very good year and so did Harbaugh both as rookie's. I see the Baltimore/Pittsburgh rivalry going up to another notch.

On to Tampa for #6!!
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Metroid wrote:
Munboy wrote:On a side note, I'm surprised there wasn't any moaning and complaining about the Roughing the kicker call. And the Oscar goes to....Mitch Burger in "Oh ow! He hit me!"

There probably would have been if they had scored on that drive, rather the Roethilisburger making an incredibly stupid play by completing the pass in bounds with 10 secs to go and no timeouts left within FG range. Um, what were you thinking cheeseburger?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:02 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:

There probably would have been if they had scored on that drive, rather the Roethilisburger making an incredibly stupid play by completing the pass in bounds with 10 secs to go and no timeouts left within FG range. Um, what were you thinking cheeseburger?

He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Munboy wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:That was a pretty good acting job. :-b

He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P

None of that has to do with the fact that on the last play, he should have thrown the ball towards the endzone or the sideline, rather than over the middle.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting