Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 pm

The ball should have been thrown towards the sideline, but Sweed being "hurt" took the time out from us which limited the play and took the chance for a FG off of the board.

Sweed really needs to work on his focus in the off season. He has really done nothing this year for someone who was projected as a late 1st or 2nd round pick...

Its a good thing that we are talking about this series of events and nothing else. Good to know that we can complain about this.... ;-D
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1062
Joined: 31 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Giant Ketchup Bottle

Re: Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Munboy wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:There probably would have been if they had scored on that drive, rather the Roethilisburger making an incredibly stupid play by completing the pass in bounds with 10 secs to go and no timeouts left within FG range. Um, what were you thinking cheeseburger?


He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P


None of that has to do with the fact that on the last play, he should have thrown the ball towards the endzone or the sideline, rather than over the middle.



I know, i was just griping at the fact that it should have never came down to that. Anyways, if there's nobody deep or along the sidelines to throw it to, he had to do what he could to try to get something out of it.
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Munboy wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Munboy wrote:He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P


None of that has to do with the fact that on the last play, he should have thrown the ball towards the endzone or the sideline, rather than over the middle.



I know, i was just griping at the fact that it should have never came down to that. Anyways, if there's nobody deep or along the sidelines to throw it to, he had to do what he could to try to get something out of it.


I disagree. They were already in FG range. Throwing it away would have been a much better option than what he did.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:22 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact