Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 20 GC: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 pm

The ball should have been thrown towards the sideline, but Sweed being "hurt" took the time out from us which limited the play and took the chance for a FG off of the board.

Sweed really needs to work on his focus in the off season. He has really done nothing this year for someone who was projected as a late 1st or 2nd round pick...

Its a good thing that we are talking about this series of events and nothing else. Good to know that we can complain about this.... ;-D
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Munboy wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:There probably would have been if they had scored on that drive, rather the Roethilisburger making an incredibly stupid play by completing the pass in bounds with 10 secs to go and no timeouts left within FG range. Um, what were you thinking cheeseburger?

He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P

None of that has to do with the fact that on the last play, he should have thrown the ball towards the endzone or the sideline, rather than over the middle.

I know, i was just griping at the fact that it should have never came down to that. Anyways, if there's nobody deep or along the sidelines to throw it to, he had to do what he could to try to get something out of it.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Munboy wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Munboy wrote:He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed should have caught that pass and scored a TD.
He was probably thinking that Limas Freakin Sweed shouldn't have laid on the field pretending to be hurt costing them a time out they could have used to stop the clock.

Seriously. Philly gets DeShaun Jackson in the second round and the Steelers get this dude who screws up everytime he gets on the field! :-P

None of that has to do with the fact that on the last play, he should have thrown the ball towards the endzone or the sideline, rather than over the middle.

I know, i was just griping at the fact that it should have never came down to that. Anyways, if there's nobody deep or along the sidelines to throw it to, he had to do what he could to try to get something out of it.

I disagree. They were already in FG range. Throwing it away would have been a much better option than what he did.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting