FSU Sanctions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

FSU Sanctions

Moderator: Football Moderators

FSU Sanctions

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 pm

The NCAA report is not out yet. Let's break down the latest developments from inside the program.

Another day and no official release of the NCAA's report. I have spoken with a friend of mine, however, inside the program. FSU is arguing over something unrelated to football or basketball. Track fans will not be happy (all I can say).

FSU will vacate the entire 2007 season (including the Bowl game). .....................FSU went 7-6 in 2007. Bobby is currently one win behind Joe Paterno. When the sanctions are finalized, he will be eight wins behind Paterno. ........

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/1/15 ... -rumblings
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: FSU Sanctions

Postby knapplc » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Wow! That's a pretty big deal in this mini-rivalry Joe Pa and Bobby B have going. Amazing development!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 pm

knapplc wrote:Wow! That's a pretty big deal in this mini-rivalry Joe Pa and Bobby B have going. Amazing development!

IMO, that will pretty much end Bobby's chance of catching JoePa unless JoePa drops dead this year and Bobby stays another. Jimbo fisher's contract is set up that the Noles would have to pay him a lot of money if he is not the coach by 2011 I think.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 pm

I hate to say it, but you have to think Joe Pa's declining health will get the best of him someday soon. Too many surgeries on a frame his age has to be taxing.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:38 pm

knapplc wrote:I hate to say it, but you have to think Joe Pa's declining health will get the best of him someday soon. Too many surgeries on a frame his age has to be taxing.

I agree, but they will both definitely coach this year and that means JoePa will either stay equal or gain a game because PSU should be able to almost go undefeated again with that schedule and FSU has another tough one. That means JoePa would have to leave after this year and Bowden stay on in 2010, it could happen, but I don't think so.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm confused by this. Why would something that happened, that's unrelated to the football team, cost the football program wins?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:I'm confused by this. Why would something that happened, that's unrelated to the football team, cost the football program wins?

Because football players were some of the kids who cheated. And it works as a way to make sure they/other people don't do it again in the future. Obviously some student-athletes don't care about academics so you have to punish them with something else so you don't make a mockery out of these Universities.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:I'm confused by this. Why would something that happened, that's unrelated to the football team, cost the football program wins?

Because football players were some of the kids who cheated. And it works as a way to make sure they/other people don't do it again in the future. Obviously some student-athletes don't care about academics so you have to punish them with something else so you don't make a mockery out of these Universities.

Bingo. And since football is such a money-maker for most of these schools, they nail the program to really "teach them a lesson."

The wallet is the softest spot of any University.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:11 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:

Thanks, Shoe. Somehow I missed that. :-B
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Saturday, March 7, 2009
Sports briefs
Detroit News wires and staff
Colleges:Florida State on four years' probation

Florida State received four years' probation from the NCAA on Friday and will lose scholarships and might forfeit games because of a widespread academic cheating scandal involving all 10 sports.

The Seminoles will have to give up two football scholarships this recruiting season and one the following year.

Other sports will lose scholarships and have victories -- including three NCAA national championships in track and field -- threatened.

The NCAA said 61 Florida State athletes cheated on an online test from the fall of 2006 through summer 2007 or received improper help from staffers who provided them with answers to the exam and typed papers for them. The NCAA said the school must vacate all victories in contests in which athletes involved in the cheating participated. That could involve up to 14 football victories.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... SPORTS0201
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to College Football