Here are the ground rules for the WFA
1. The league will be composed of no more than 12 teams in no more than two divisions.
2. Each team will have an American/Canadian city as well as a mascot, and a helmet (chosen from misterhabs.com, no NFL helmets allowed).
3. Entry fee will be $50 per team.
4. All entry money will go into prize pool.
5. Scoring will be as follows (each):
Pass TD =4, Rush/Rec TD =6, FG =3, PAT =1, any 2PC =2
13 Total, 7 Starters, 6 Backups (any position), 1 Injured Reserve
1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK
8. Players will lock at their individual scheduled gametime.
9. During season, any game that ends in a tie will be scored as a tie.
10. During playoffs, backup points will declare winner. If still tied, higher seed claims victory.
11. If teams are tied at the end of the season these tiebreakers will be used:
H2H Record, Divisional Record, Most Points For
12. Playoffs will work just like the NFL (highest seed always plays lowest seed and so on).
13. Each week there will be a Claiming Period. This gives lower performing teams a chance to grab better talent than their counterparts. This will run from the end of Monday Night Football clear up until Wed night at 11pm ET. After this time players will be dealt out worst to first in standings order.
14. All players released from a team will go on waivers for 48 hours. If this runs into the game period (Thu-Sun, depending on week), then the 48 hours will start over once the MNF game has concluded. If two teams vie for the same waived player than the Claiming Period rules will take into effect.
15. Trades can be done anytime from the start of the season up until Week 10. Each proposed trade must go through a 24 hour voting process. Every trade will need three votes to be vetoed.
16. League Draft will run in serpentine order (1-10,10-1,etc.). Order will be determined by an online drawing.
17. Every team is allowed to keep three players to carry over from season to season.
18. All league functions will be run on ESPN's free Commissioner Serv Site.
If you have anymore questions, or would like to enquire about a franchise then feel free to reply here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org