Arizona Shopping Anquan Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona Shopping Anquan Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona Shopping Anquan Boldin

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Mike Freeman of CBS has something to say about Boldin's behavior
Anquan Boldin is a Jackass

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.

In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.

It was awful behavior.

Quarterback Kurt Warner also got into an argument with Haley during the game but you didn't see Warner acting like a petulant child afterwards. He celebrated with his teammates and enjoyed the moment.

I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.

What Boldin did almost never happens.

Congratulations on making history, Anquan.

Source: http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com ... 3/13040597

and here's another insight from AOL:
Anquan Boldin Doesn't Celebrate Win
Posted Jan 19th 2009 7:22 AM by Michael David Smith (author feed)

As the Arizona Cardinals celebrated on the field yesterday after winning the NFC Championship and punching their Super Bowl tickets, one player was conspicuous by his absence: Anquan Boldin.

During the fourth-quarter drive on which the Cardinals scored the game-winning touchdown, the Fox cameras caught Boldin in a screaming match on the sideline with Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Whatever Boldin was upset about during that game-winning drive (a time when most football players would have been jubilant, not angry), he was still upset after the game, and he didn't stick around for the post-game celebration.

A few reporters managed to catch up to Boldin after the game, and when he was asked whether he wanted to remain an Arizona Cardinal, he only offered: "Next question." Mike Freeman was on the scene and writes that Boldin is a "jackass" who "tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness."

Look, we know Boldin was playing through pain in an injured hamstring. And we know he isn't happy with his contract, which pays him a lot less than fellow wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. And we presume he isn't happy with the fact that he isn't the No. 1 option in the passing game, although he did have seven balls thrown his way (Fitzgerald had 11). But shouldn't Boldin be happy that he and his teammates are in the Super Bowl?

Here's a piece on another article:
According to Haley, Boldin was upset because Steve Breaston replaced him in one of the offensive formations.

Boldin declined comment about it after the game, and Haley called it “a heat of the moment” situation.

“We changed personnel groups out there and I put Steve Breaston in for (Boldin),” Haley said, “and he was upset about it.”

One would have thought the Cards lost the game with how bad Haley was chewed out. (He also got into a smaller debate with Kurt Warner in the first half.)

Boldin’s never been a me-first player so he deserves a break from the national media on this one. But no matter how upset he was, there was no excuse not to celebrate with his teammates. Reaching the Super Bowl should be a momentous occasion in a player’s career. Instead, Boldin has voiced his displeasure several times this year, mainly because of his contract situation and now because he was pulled from a game.

Settle down, Anquan. Your team just made the Super Bowl and will need you. Your contract situation will get worked out after the season. Play ball until then.
Source: http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/01/19/ ... ith-haley/

Maybe Boldin should just sing "Please release me, let me go... " B-)
Last edited by madaslives911 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BOLDIN A “JACKASS”?

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Time to start the "who will he play for next year" predicitons???
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Does this mean automatically he will play for the Cowboys next year?
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Boldin = T.O. Jr.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby waterproof » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 pm

What a d!ck. I hope they start Breaston over him in Tampa.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Maybe he can take a tip from Bellicheat and walk off of the field early... :-t
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:03 pm

mariners100 wrote:Maybe he can take a tip from Bellicheat and walk off of the field early... :-t

Really? You really thought that this was a good time to take a shot at the Patriots? Give me a break.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:09 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
mariners100 wrote:Maybe he can take a tip from Bellicheat and walk off of the field early... :-t

Really? You really thought that this was a good time to take a shot at the Patriots? Give me a break.

AFF can smell a Pats insult from a mile away :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Timbathia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:21 pm

I think most WRs have a jackass tendency.

In general, you need to be fat to play o-line, you need to be fast to play cb, and you need to be a headline-hungry, me-first, jackass to be a wr. If you are not, then you probably wont make it in the nfl. Sure there are some exceptions, just like with any rule, but it does seem to be a character trait that helps them get to that level.

Oh, and it is good to see a Pats shot in this thread. I think there is a rule that says all threads must have at least one (if there isnt a rule then there should be).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:30 pm

The coaching staff better straighten him out in time for the big game. The Cards will need him to come up big given all the attention Fitzgerald will draw from that Pittsburgh defense. Boldin's actually in a good position to shine in this game if he gets his head straight.

All these damn receivers and their attitudes. Its' amazing.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk