Cowboys - A team in turmoil - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys - A team in turmoil

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cowboys - A team in turmoil

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:46 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Since JJT is one of the worst beat writers we have for the Cowboys and never seems to grasp a simple concept, Jerry was talking about what I mentioned earlier, getting Tony out of the pocket more, bootlegs, quick release passes, Garrett got away from that and consistent did 5 and 7 step drops back in the middle of the pocket.

JJT is a pessimist and he's one of the guys who always wants to find fault in every comment someone from the team makes.

To be fair, also Jerry doesn't seem to grasp a simple concept - just because he was a successful businessman in another field of endeavour does not make him a great football mind. He needs to reign in that massive ego of his and fire himself as GM and put a "real" football guy in that role - surely Jerry can be happy with just the Prez & CEO titles and stop trying to micro-manage everything!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Since JJT is one of the worst beat writers we have for the Cowboys and never seems to grasp a simple concept, Jerry was talking about what I mentioned earlier, getting Tony out of the pocket more, bootlegs, quick release passes, Garrett got away from that and consistent did 5 and 7 step drops back in the middle of the pocket.

JJT is a pessimist and he's one of the guys who always wants to find fault in every comment someone from the team makes.

To be fair, also Jerry doesn't seem to grasp a simple concept - just because he was a successful businessman in another field of endeavour does not make him a great football mind. He needs to reign in that massive ego of his and fire himself as GM and put a "real" football guy in that role - surely Jerry can be happy with just the Prez & CEO titles and stop trying to micro-manage everything!

Maybe he really is in it for the money. Even though we have no idea of knowing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dallas turned out to be the most profitable organization in pro-sports.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Maybe he really is in it for the money. Even though we have no idea of knowing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dallas turned out to be the most profitable organization in pro-sports.

It's well on his way, but since he's taken the organization to new heights as far as that he's lost sight of actually running the team so it would be nice to have a football mind around again...Jerry does alot of great things, this past draft class found studs like Tashard Choice and Orlando Scandrick in the middle rounds and outplayed the 1st round RB and CB, he knows talent and is aggressive when their is a window of opportunity open, but he's stated numerous times he doesn't care about chemistry because winning takes care of it and that concerns me.

I don't think he's nearly as bad as some people want to make him out to be and putting him in the class of an Al Davis, we just saw him let go of Wilson, Hall, and Walker after all 3 were signed to huge deals just as recently as last year, Jerry has never and probably will never make a huge blunder like that, but he's hard headed and wants to do things his way, I was hoping to bring Reeves in and since he isn't my expectations are low for this season.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Jerry on Dallas Cowboys' Romo: 'I wouldn't trade Tony for anybody'
02:20 PM CDT on Wednesday, March 25, 2009
By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

DANA POINT, Calif. – Having spent the better part of the early 2000s searching for Troy Aikman's successor, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones knows how hard it is to find a quarterback.

Jones showed his belief in Tony Romo in 2007, giving the quarterback a contract extension with more than $30 million in guaranteed money. Jones showed that belief again Tuesday at the NFL owners' meetings at the St. Regis Resort Monarch Beach.

"I wouldn't trade Tony for anybody," Jones said.

So put to rest any of that fantasy talk surrounding a Romo-for-Jay Cutler swap or any other machinations in which Romo is not the Cowboys quarterback of the long-term future.

At the NFL scouting combine last month in Indianapolis, Jones said the Cowboys' plan was to make everything as "Romo friendly," as possible. The owner admitted that played a role in the decision to cut Terrell Owens.

Jones said he did not consult with Romo about cutting Owens but said the two have talked about the best way to utilize personnel.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 7d823.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joejlitz » Sat May 09, 2009 1:51 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Have you guys read about this "Cowboy Idol" (think American Idol) TV reality show hosted by Michael Irvin? The winner of the show gets the Cowboys 80th roster spot and gets to participate in camp until the first cuts (presumably).

This just seems crazy to me. Maybe the 80th player in training camp is irrelevant but it's one less player the Cowboys get to evaluate compared to every other team in the league.

Link

I can't believe that the NFL would bless off on this.

With that said, I'll be watching.

Just saw a commercial for this. It's called 4th and Long and starts on Monday, May 18th at 10:00 PM on Spike. Set your DVRs! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Wed May 20, 2009 11:47 am

joejlitz wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Have you guys read about this "Cowboy Idol" (think American Idol) TV reality show hosted by Michael Irvin? The winner of the show gets the Cowboys 80th roster spot and gets to participate in camp until the first cuts (presumably).

This just seems crazy to me. Maybe the 80th player in training camp is irrelevant but it's one less player the Cowboys get to evaluate compared to every other team in the league.

Link

I can't believe that the NFL would bless off on this.

With that said, I'll be watching.

Just saw a commercial for this. It's called 4th and Long and starts on Monday, May 18th at 10:00 PM on Spike. Set your DVRs! :-D

Anyone else see this? I'm going to discuss this over in the GT "Whatcha watchin on the Boob Tube" thread, but it was entertaining (as many shows like this can be).
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=417773&p=3018447#p3018447
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Previous

Return to Football Talk