WDFN 1130 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

WDFN 1130

Moderator: Football Moderators

WDFN 1130

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:50 am

they dropped all local content :-t ...i'd been listening to 1270 (97.1) much more anyway, but i'm going to miss those shows (excpet for Shep's horrible morning show...that guy has to be the biggest A-hole on radio. god forbid you disagree with him or exaggerate a point. i pretty much quit listening to him after he berated a caller for saying the Lions couldnt beat a HS team)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WDFN 1130

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:they dropped all local content :-t ...i'd been listening to 1270 (97.1) much more anyway, but i'm going to miss those shows (excpet for Shep's horrible morning show...that guy has to be the biggest A-hole on radio. god forbid you disagree with him or exaggerate a point. i pretty much quit listening to him after he berated a caller for saying the Lions couldnt beat a HS team)

Really, is that what happened? I tuned in yesterday and heard the national Fox show on so I was at a loss. I usually listen on the way in and home from work, but since Shep took over I haven't been listening on the way in...he is indeed horrible.

This is pretty shocking news 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:50 am

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:they dropped all local content :-t ...i'd been listening to 1270 (97.1) much more anyway, but i'm going to miss those shows (excpet for Shep's horrible morning show...that guy has to be the biggest A-hole on radio. god forbid you disagree with him or exaggerate a point. i pretty much quit listening to him after he berated a caller for saying the Lions couldnt beat a HS team)

Really, is that what happened? I tuned in yesterday and heard the national Fox show on so I was at a loss. I usually listen on the way in and home from work, but since Shep took over I haven't been listening on the way in...he is indeed horrible.

Gone?!? Just like that? How in the heck am I supposed to listen to Fantasy Football Geekly? It was the only reason to turn on am radio, not really that informative for most of us, but host Sean Beligian was pretty funny in his geekdom. Bummer.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 pm

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Gone?!? Just like that? How in the heck am I supposed to listen to Fantasy Football Geekly? It was the only reason to turn on am radio, not really that informative for most of us, but host Sean Beligian was pretty funny in his geekdom. Bummer.

yeah...Clear Chanel dropped the axe to cut costs. i'm in a Fantasy Hockey league with an now ex employee there...i'll have to try and get some inside dirt
i always enjoyed Seans show, but i cant listen to the radio at my new job so i hadnt heard it in forever. i always liked Stony and Wojo too but got wore out on there stupid bits like Fake Jim Leyland interviews so i'd started listening to Valenti and Foster on my drive home. Foster is useless and Valenti is an A-hole, but at least they talk sports most of the time (or food) and the open topics is nice
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 am

just thought i'd update this...they went back to local content starting today ;-D

WDFN-AM (1130), which fired most of its on-air talent in January and went almost entirely with a national format, is bringing some local voices back to the airwaves next week, including Free Press columnist Drew Sharp. This lineup is expected to debut Tuesday:
■ Sean Baligian 7-10 a.m.
■ Ryan Ermanni, 10 a.m.­noon
■ ESPN’s Colin Cowherd, noon-2 p.m. EDIT: Jim Rome
■ Matt Shepard and Sharp, 2-6 p.m.
Say good-bye to syn­dicated Jim Rome and Dan Patrick during the day, at least for now.

that Shep and Sharp show is going to be brutal (i'll only tune in if Valenti and Foster is on a commercial or really bad that day) but i'm glad to have Sean for my morning drive to work
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:just thought i'd update this...they went back to local content starting today ;-D

WDFN-AM (1130), which fired most of its on-air talent in January and went almost entirely with a national format, is bringing some local voices back to the airwaves next week, including Free Press columnist Drew Sharp. This lineup is expected to debut Tuesday:
Say good-bye to syn­dicated Jim Rome and Dan Patrick during the day, at least for now.

that Shep and Sharp show is going to be brutal (i'll only tune in if Valenti and Foster is on a commercial or really bad that day) but i'm glad to have Sean for my morning drive to work

Same for me. I'll listen to Sean in the morning and continue with Valenti and Foster on the ride home. Shep and Sharp is horrible, I tuned in sometime last week and they were both on together :-{ :-P :-P Not that I get to listen much during the afternoon, but I'm I sad to see Rome leave, I actually liked his show
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:55 am

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:just thought i'd update this...they went back to local content starting today ;-D

Same for me. I'll listen to Sean in the morning and continue with Valenti and Foster on the ride home. Shep and Sharp is horrible, I tuned in sometime last week and they were both on together :-{ :-P :-P Not that I get to listen much during the afternoon, but I'm I sad to see Rome leave, I actually liked his show

yeah i caught a few minutes of that too...it will be like a much more annoying version of Valenti and Foster...i really cant stand to listen to Shep...he's just so arrogant and if you disagree with him he just berates you and doesnt let you counter

i edited it...they decided to keep Rome (i havent listened in a few years anyway)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:02 pm

I like Sean Beligian, glad he got back on the air. I have no idea why Matt Shepard is on the air. I listened to him once years ago and he was the most stodgy, angry, hateful person for a man his age. I have stopped listening to sportradio when DFN changed their format. It seemed like the other station started to take their audiance for granted- berating and belittling them. Fakes like Foster should never get in the grill of anyone who would take the time to call his show.
I may have to try and catch Sean's show sometime. Love his college and pro football opinions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
yeah i caught a few minutes of that too...it will be like a much more annoying version of Valenti and Foster...i really cant stand to listen to Shep...he's just so arrogant and if you disagree with him he just berates you and doesnt let you counter

i edited it...they decided to keep Rome (i havent listened in a few years anyway)

I don't mind Valenti too much, but I can't stand Foster. Good to hear that they kept Rome, I may begin streaming them at work, at least Sean and Rome. I did happen to flip to DFN yesterday on the way home in time for the Stafford interview. Thought they did a horrible job with the questions - I hate Sharp even more than Shep if that's possible. Stafford sounded pretty good, but the questions were really bad so I don't think I got as much out of it as I was expecting. Sean played it this morning, too
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Return to Detroit Lions