Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:15 am

During a recent Town Hall meeting at Ford Field with roughly 400 season ticket holders, Detroit Lions team president Tom Lewand suggested that changes to the team’s Honolulu blue uniform could be coming as soon as the 2010 season.

According to an Oakland Press (Mich.) blog, Lewand said that fans should, “Stay tuned,” for uniform changes that will be “evolutionary, not revolutionary.” The NFL deadline to change uniform schemes passed in November, so no changes can be made for next season.

Ultimately, the Lions may go with a darker version of their trademark Honolulu blue and a possible makeover of their Lions logo.

Of course, changing the uniforms is only mere window dressing when your team is an 0-16 punch line. However, it seems like the team gets it that the fans couldn’t be more disillusioned, hence having the meeting with Lewand on hand as well as new coach Jim Schwartz and General Manager Martin Mayhew.

“I think what fans walked out of there feeling was there’s finally some direction and some unity in the front office,” said Lions radio play-by-play announcer Dan Miller, who attended the meeting. “They’re not going to waver in that direction. There seems to be a coherent plan that they can wrap their hands around and move forward.”

Source: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Uhmm.. yeah maybe a change in uniform could bring good luck. And a mean lion's image would be cool... or perhaps they should get a Feng Shui expert for some guidance. B-)
Last edited by madaslives911 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: LIONS considering uniform changes for 2010

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 am

The only real change I would like to see is a logo attatch with the initials of a new owner.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:53 pm

I think a big L for losers.... Lions would be perfect.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 pm

what they should do is put one of those little yellow boxes with a black L in it next to anything that says "Detroit Lions" like you have the option to here at the cafe.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:44 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I think a big L for losers.... Lions would be perfect.

Instead of the side they can put it directly above the face mask. :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby doublej73 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:45 pm

What they really need to do is draft a wide receiver with their first round pick! :-)
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm

When in crisis.... blame the logo.

Is it possible to design helmets that look like this less the Santa Hat?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Honolulu Blue? O:-)
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 am

Lions retire black jerseysThe Detroit News
DETROIT -- Lions president Tom Lewand confirmed Monday that the Detroit Lions have discarded their black jerseys.

The Lions will go back to using their throwbacks as their alternate uniform under the league's "third uniform program."
The Lions' regular uniforms still will have black trim.

"We had the black jerseys for a few years," Lewand said. "I really like the throwbacks and I think the players like them and we'll be able to use those now as our alternate uniforms a couple times a year."

The black jerseys were introduced by former Lions president Matt Millen. Because last season was the team's 75th anniversary, the Lions used their throwbacks for two games in substitute for their black jerseys.

It is still possible that the Lions will have more significant changes to their logo/uniforms. But those changes aren't expected until the 2010 season.

I hope that would make them start winning some games. :-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
Lions retire black jerseysThe Detroit News
DETROIT -- Lions president Tom Lewand confirmed Monday that the Detroit Lions have discarded their black jerseys.

The Lions will go back to using their throwbacks as their alternate uniform under the league's "third uniform program."
The Lions' regular uniforms still will have black trim.

"We had the black jerseys for a few years," Lewand said. "I really like the throwbacks and I think the players like them and we'll be able to use those now as our alternate uniforms a couple times a year."

The black jerseys were introduced by former Lions president Matt Millen. Because last season was the team's 75th anniversary, the Lions used their throwbacks for two games in substitute for their black jerseys.

It is still possible that the Lions will have more significant changes to their logo/uniforms. But those changes aren't expected until the 2010 season.

I hope that would make them start winning some games. :-)

I actually liked the black jerseys, I mean don't get me wrong, I do my best to avoid watching the Lions when I can, but still...
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Football Talk