Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: LIONS considering uniform changes for 2010

Postby dream_017 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I actually liked the black jerseys, I mean don't get me wrong, I do my best to avoid watching the Lions when I can, but still...

Not many in Detroit ever liked the Black jerseys and once people realized that we could not wear the throwbacks because of the black jersey there was even more against it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:40 am

Maybe the new uniform could sport a logo of a lion eating Millen and/or Ford Sr! ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am

stomperrob wrote:Maybe the new uniform could sport a logo of a lion eating Millen and/or Ford Sr! ;-) :-b

A lion licking itself would be more like it :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Maybe the new uniform could sport a logo of a lion eating Millen and/or Ford Sr! ;-) :-b

A lion licking itself would be more like it :-b

Which end, lol!!!

or

;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 am

A final leap...
If it proves true and the Lions update their look, I give Lewand, newly appointed team president, a lot of credit for attempting to turn the page and start a much different tradition -- one that includes winning some games. He remains mum on the subject, but the Lions are sending strong signals that "Leaping Leo" and their Honolulu blue and silver colors are about to be retired.

First, the Lions are conducting a clearance sale of their current inventory of jerseys. Second, the team announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a new 10-year deal with MainGate, Inc., to be the exclusive retail and merchandising company for the organization....

...If ever a team should change its logo and colors and make a clean break from the past, it makes complete sense to do it in the aftermath of an 0-16 season. It makes further sense for the Lions to introduce an updated look and color palette in April at the NFL draft.

Imagine the No. 1 draft pick -- either quarterback Matthew Stafford, left tackle Jason Smith or linebacker Aaron Curry -- putting on a new-look Lions uniform. The draft is the perfect time to unveil the new look. There's a new coach, a new front-office regime and a new face of the franchise with that No. 1 pick.

The argument the Lions shouldn't dare mess with tradition is ridiculous. What tradition? The tradition of one playoff win in 44 years of ownership under William Clay Ford Sr.? The tradition of never reaching the Super Bowl? The tradition of not having won an NFL title since 1957?

The Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons all have winning traditions and world championships in their not-too-distant past. The Lions can make no such claims.

It's high time for the Lions to let go of the tradition of losing -- and the colors that remind everyone of 0-16.....

Read full article
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Worked for the Buc's....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:31 am

Kensat30 wrote:Worked for the Buc's....

Denver too i think
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lions unveil new logo, hoping for more bite

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:41 am

New Detroit logo features fiercer, leaping lion
In wake of 0-16 season, Detroit changes insignia to make Lion leap more

Detroit has added teeth to its new Lions logo. Only time will tell if the product on the field also has teeth.

The franchise revealed subtle changes to the logo and how the word “Lions” is spelled out during a news conference Monday attended by dozens of fans.

Detroit stumbled to the NFL’s first 0-16 season last year and has the first pick Saturday in the NFL draft.

The leaping lion appears more fierce, while the team name features an italicized slant.

The team says the changes are consistent with its “sense of mission and direction.”

“We stand firmly committed to improving the team on the field,” team president Tom Lewand said. “That success is always the most determinative factor of any NFL brand.”

Some changes also have been made to the team’s uniforms. New trim lines have been added, and the logo is above the numerals on the jerseys.

Helmets now feature the new logo on each side. It’s the most significant change since 1961, when the logo originally was placed on helmets.

The team’s Honolulu blue, white and black colors remain unchanged.

“The new identity retains many important aspects of our history in terms of our primary mark and our colors,” Lewand said. “However, the evolution allows us to present our Lions brand and visual identity in new, versatile and distinctive ways.”
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iamgregg » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 am

I like it. ;-D
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Leaping Lions. Fierce.

It's actually pretty cool. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk