Week 22 GC: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 22 GC: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 22 GC: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:57 am

Metroid wrote:I think the game will hinge on Roethlisberger's arm.

And it really did. Grats to the Steelers and their fans. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 am

Great game...congrats Steelers on their 6 pack and AZ Cards 4 a great game !!! Now should I start Fitz next week or H. Ward ? this is for my Fantasy championship of the championship from the first championship....THANKS GUYS 4 YOUR HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED...lmfao ;-D....Big Ben for MVP !!!
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby fantasizing » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Munboy wrote:From now on, after every Superbowl that the Steelers don't win, I'm going to complain and say the refs gave the winning team the game.

Don't be silly now, we all know the refs would never let the Steelers lose a superbowl.................hehehehhehehee
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 am

fantasizing wrote:
Munboy wrote:From now on, after every Superbowl that the Steelers don't win, I'm going to complain and say the refs gave the winning team the game.

Don't be silly now, we all know the refs would never let the Steelers lose a superbowl.................hehehehhehehee

The only way they can lose is if Neil O'Donnell comes back to play :-P

In all seriousness, I'd really like for everyone complaining about the last fumble to go back and look at it through unbiased eyes. When did Kurt lose the ball? He lost control of the ball BEFORE his arm started moving forward. Just because his hand pushed the ball forward, that's not the tuck rule. The tuck rule accounts for the QB having control of the ball when his hand starts moving forward. With Kurt, it was close...VERY close. Sure I could DVR some highlights and super slo mo it, but I think it will be too close. To me it looks like he lost control of it before his arm started moving forward. Yes, I agree a play of that magnitude should have been reviewed, but nothing would have been overturned. They would have either upheld the ruling on the field, or ruled there was insufficient evidence to overturn. Indeed, the VP of officiating has already come out and said the replay offical in the booth looked at the play and decided that the ruling on the field was correct and there was no need to offical challange it. Was that the correct move? Maybe not. But either way, the play would have stuck.

As for the Holmes celebration. Yes, it warrents a penalty. But the refs can't catch everything. And its not like it was a long, drawn out celebration. He did it and it was over in seconds. Its very likely the refs missed it? They are human afterall....humans that stuck their noses in the game too much, but human.

Should we talk about the fact that Harrison drew 3 holding calls while being held ALL GAME LONG? Should we talk about a few blocks in the back during punts that should have drawn flags on the Cards? Should we talk about how Taylor got a PF when he didn't do anymore than the person he was shoving on the sidelines?

Come on people, refs are not biased. The nfl doesn't want certain teams to win. All these conspiracy theories are just plain silly.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 am

Great game to watch. Reffing was not very good. No offense Steelers fans, but more of the breaks went your way. I was actually cheering for the Steelers (I try and cheer for the AFC, as long as its not INDY), and once again the calls went your way. I don't think that was the reason Pittsburgh won, but it certainly didn't hurt. I actually feel bad for Steeler's fans. Pats fans went through it all last season. Every time something good happened all the cheating comments were thrown out. And now this Super Bowl will be remembered like SBXL, always with a sliver of doubt.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting