At least she wasn't smoking - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

At least she wasn't smoking

Moderator: Football Moderators

At least she wasn't smoking

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Good work, Ma!! ;-D

KETTERING, Ohio -- A Dayton mother is facing charges for breast feeding her daughter while driving her other children to school.

In this case, officers said Compton had the child in the lap with the baby's head up against the steering wheel. They say there is not only the risk of a crash, but deployment of the airbag.

Compton said she will take the advice of the officers into consideration, but she may breast feed her baby while driving in the future if she feels that is is necessary.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/18813161/detail.html
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: At least she wasn't smoking

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:43 pm

:-*
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Some people's parents... :*)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, obviously we don't have to point out how irresponsible this is. She basically admitted that she didn't think it was and will likely do it again. Can you imagine the carnage if she were to get in an accident and that airbag went off with that bag in her lap against it? I don't want to the think about.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 am

Over/Under on how long until the state takes the kid since she admitted she'd do it again?

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am

At least she didn't kill her child.

Parents should really examine whether they want their children or their guns in their house. Having both is dangerous.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:23 am

Matthias wrote:At least she didn't kill her child.

Parents should really examine whether they want their children or their guns in their house. Having both is dangerous.

Are you serious? :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:57 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Matthias wrote:At least she didn't kill her child.

Are you serious? :-°

Ummmm..... yeah.

In homes with guns, a member of the household is almost three times as likely to be the victim of a homicide compared to gun-free homes.
(source)
Studies have also shown that homes in which a suicide occurred were three to five times more likely to have a gun present than households that did not experience a suicide, even after accounting for other risk factors.
(source)

I have a brother who has struggled with issues of depression and twice in his life my dad has come downstairs in the morning to find my brother holding a fully loaded double-barreled shotgun going back and forth whether he should pull the trigger. So don't give me any internet crap like :-° or ;-7 or :-? .

If you have a child, you should not have guns. If you absolutely must have both, the guns should be locked in a storage closet that they cannot access. If you cannot do either of these things, then the last thing you should do is make fun of some women who is breast-feeding her infant in her car.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am

I don't have a source, but I'm pretty sure that in most shootings a gun is involved

Stats can give you what ever you what them to give you, it would be like saying there are more slip and fall accidents in winter months...maybe we should outlaw snow
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 am

dream_017 wrote: it would be like saying there are more slip and fall accidents in winter months...maybe we should outlaw snow

Actually I think it's like saying people shouldn't live in a cold climate and have kids, they should choose one or the other.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to General Talk