Cutler's Agent Responds to Rumors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

Cutler's Agent Responds to Rumors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cutler's Agent Responds to Rumors

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 am

DENVER - Jay Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, sounds about as surprised as everybody else in Denver. "I am hearing all of these rumors now just like everybody else," said Cook in a phone conversation with FOX 31 Sports Saturday afternoon.

Recently an NFL.com report surfaced indicating that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at some point approached the Denver Broncos to construct a three-way trade that would have sent Broncos' starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers, and the newly signed Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel to the Broncos.

According to the report, the conclusion was that the Broncos considered the deal, but thought against pulling the trigger.

So how does Cook feel about his client possibly being on the trading block?

"I heard the rumors like everybody else, and I placed a call to the Broncos," he said. Cook clarified to FOX31 Sports that because Cutler is currently under contract with the Broncos, his agent does not have permission to talk to other teams about his client, unless it was given to him by the Broncos. "I just got a return call. They just told me that only inquiries were being made."

Cook said that he could not confirm the teams involved in the reported deal. The report also indicated that the Detroit Lions approached the Broncos on a separate deal for Cutler using Cassel as bait as well.

The only thing Cook was clear about, was that the Broncos did not specifically guarantee Cutler's future with the club.

"They never definitively told me one way or the other whether [Cutler] would be traded or not. Nobody has talked to me, and no other teams have talked to me."

When Cook was informed that FOX31 Sports talked to a Broncos offensive starter on the team that said, "Jay Cutler is pissed, no doubt about it," he did not react with surprise.

"I wouldn't blame him for being upset. Cutler is the best young quarterback in the entire league."

Other Broncos interviewed for the story were "completely shocked" that Cutler's would be included in any sort of trade talks.

As for reports that Cook's other client, Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler, is on the trading block as well, Cook remains just as flabbergasted.

"I don't know what's true or not true, all of this right now is just crazy."

Source: http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-cutler-tr ... 3550.story
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Denver Broncos