BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released

Postby Timbathia » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:34 pm

fantasizing wrote:Let's face it. Buffalo's offense needs a jump start. It has needed one for like 6 years since Bledsoe had those 2 good years there.

I think this helps Lee Evans fantasy value tremendously. He will probably have better stats than TO.

This may also be a bit of a publicity stunt by the Bills management to give them more national exposure -> higher TV ratings -> more revenue. The Bills franchise is on the bubble, and there has bee alot of talk the last year or so about moving the team.


Totally agree that this is a worthwhile move for Buffalo. It may be the last roll of the dice for the coach and the organisation as the Buffalo Bills. It is doubtful that TO will blow up while on a 1yr deal unless he intends to retire after this season. His numbers should be well below his average this season, but there is no doubt the Bills have a much better offense with him there, and at least now have chance to compete in that division.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 975
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:08 am

50/50 tossup on who has the better fantasy stats in 2009: Trent Edwards or Tony Romo.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby joejlitz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 am

Not much to say now that T.O. signed with a team and I'm going through T.O. bashing withdrawal. :-{
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby Stelly » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 am

10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1271
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby joejlitz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:12 am

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 pm



Wonder if this moron was sporting his Marshawn Lynch jersey on any Sundays last year, you know the guy who carries loaded firearms in his car, while smoking weed, and drunkenly running over women at 2am in the morning.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby stomperrob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:


Wonder if this moron was sporting his Marshawn Lynch jersey on any Sundays last year, you know the guy who carries loaded firearms in his car, while smoking weed, and drunkenly running over women at 2am in the morning.


What's a soul/sole without a heel! ;-7 ;-) :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 pm



:-b LMAO


"AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART IS? i JUST BOUGHT A JAMES HARDY JERSEY. YOU CAN BET TO WILL STEAL HIS 81"
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby Stelly » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:14 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:


:-b LMAO


"AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART IS? i JUST BOUGHT A JAMES HARDY JERSEY. YOU CAN BET TO WILL STEAL HIS 81"


That was my favorite part! :-b

As a Bills fan, I was initially shocked by the signing. The Bills have traditionally not pursued the big name free agent player, and they have also tried to avoid players with "character issues." Notice I said "tried" (I'm looking at you, Marshawn....).

But the more I thought about it...what does this team have to lose!? They have gone three straight seasons with a 7-9 record, and been pretty bland and boring on offense. T.O. should open up the passing game by taking some coverage off Lee Evans, and maybe bring a little spice into the offense. Evans is a great WR, Lynch (when not running over women, shooting things, and smoking weed) is a very good RB. They have some good talent.

And a one year deal is perfect. T.O. will hopefully be smart and realize that he will need to check himself if he wants to play in the league past this season. Hopefully he's aware that this will be the weakest offense he will have been a part of in his career, and not get to pissy when things aren't going well.

It's a risky deal, but I'm glad to see my team show some balls for once.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1271
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 am

Stelly wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:


:-b LMAO


"AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART IS? i JUST BOUGHT A JAMES HARDY JERSEY. YOU CAN BET TO WILL STEAL HIS 81"


That was my favorite part! :-b

As a Bills fan, I was initially shocked by the signing. The Bills have traditionally not pursued the big name free agent player, and they have also tried to avoid players with "character issues." Notice I said "tried" (I'm looking at you, Marshawn....).

But the more I thought about it...what does this team have to lose!? They have gone three straight seasons with a 7-9 record, and been pretty bland and boring on offense. T.O. should open up the passing game by taking some coverage off Lee Evans, and maybe bring a little spice into the offense. Evans is a great WR, Lynch (when not running over women, shooting things, and smoking weed) is a very good RB. They have some good talent.

And a one year deal is perfect. T.O. will hopefully be smart and realize that he will need to check himself if he wants to play in the league past this season. Hopefully he's aware that this will be the weakest offense he will have been a part of in his career, and not get to pissy when things aren't going well.

It's a risky deal, but I'm glad to see my team show some balls for once.


Watch what you wish for. I agree that a one-year deal is an ideal situation for the Bills, but what happens when Owens plays terrificly, gets along with Jauron/Edwards and the Bills manage to fight for a playoff spot? You guessed it... a long-term deal for Owens from the Bills. How can you go from last place (albeit at 7-9) to a playoff team and then get rid of arguably your best player? If the Bills do well this season, the ramifications could very well result in the Drama Queen staying longterm -- and we all know how that goes.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1527
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:32 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact