BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: BIG ONE... Owens released... Signs With Buffalo

Postby joejlitz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 am

Some people just can't stay out of the news. TO says he was blindsided by his release:

T.O. vents about Cowboys’ decision to cut him
“I know whole-heartedly he [Cowboys owner Jerry Jones] wanted me there,” Owens said. “There were some people I know who got in his ear that pressured him to make that decision. For that, it’s sad. You let two or three people conspire to get me out of the situation.”

“You hear all the speculation, and you talk to the owner of the team, and he reassures you, you’re not going anywhere and then, out of left-field … you get blindsided.”
T.O. vents about Cowboys’ decision to cut him
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:51 am

T.O. surprised everyone by reporting to the voluntary workouts yesterday with BUF. No word on whether or not he has alienated his QB, yet. :-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

joejlitz wrote:T.O. surprised everyone by reporting to the voluntary workouts yesterday with BUF. No word on whether or not he has alienated his QB, yet. :-D

I think that will all depend on whether or not Edwards has any talent. Seems like every analyst out there considered this guy an up and coming franchise QB going into 2008, but what happened? I for one am betting for the guy with both Lee Evans and Terrell Owens to make plays for him. Losing Lynch for the first 3 games will only give this guy opportunities to carry the team and put up stats.

Trent Edwards is going to end up on a lot of my fantasy teams this year as a QB2.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby iamgregg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I believe Trent Edwards could be a pretty good QB, but suffered from confidence and injury issues last year. Now with TO lining up opposite Evans, defenses won't be able to key in on his only real target which I feel will really increase both his confidence and production. Add a good RB (Lynch may be suspended, but Jackson has shown himself to be an excellent replacement) into the mix and you've got a decent QB2 on your hands that can be drafted pretty late in mocks I've already seen.

He's definitely on my radar.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:02 am

In other TO news, he now has his own reality show.

...An eight-episode reality series dubbed "The T.O. Show" is set to begin tonight on the VH-1 cable network. Owens says he'll respond to critics who portray him as a one-dimensional showboat perhaps known as much for self-indulgent sideline eruptions and quarterback criticisms as for being one of the most prolific receivers of his generation...

Rest of Article: The TO Show

Can't wait. :-t
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Football Talk