Torry Holt wants out...gets released...signs with Jax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Torry Holt wants out...gets released...signs with Jax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Torry Holt wants out

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:For what it's worth, I think Holt is extremely underrated at this point.

I would welcome him into Minnesota as our WR2 with open arms.

Ditto for Philly. He's not the answer (that's Iverson, right?) but, he'll be a significant contributor and it might help McNabb's feelings and Desean Jackson's development.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Actually, with Holt fitting in so many places, I'm a little surprised someone isn't ponying up a pick. If nothing else, give the Rams the option if they can't find what they're looking for in a trade before they release him. If I were the Vikings, I would offer our 7th rounder for him and keep the offer on the table until he is released. I guess I'm not sure of his contract, but it sounds like a good idea to me. :-]
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Well according to Gil Brandt (who has many real NFL contacts), Holt is valued at a 3rd round pick and it is the Ram's who are hesitant to deal him! Maybe this is Gil being "senile" Gil, but that struck me as very strange. He also made it sounds like there are several suitors willing to offer up their pick(s) for Holt and that St. Louis hadn't made the decision to let him go just yet.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Holt's been released. Will probably end up in Carolina but I'd like to see the Giants kick the tires (or in this case his knees).
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TGM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:Holt's been released. Will probably end up in Carolina but I'd like to see the Giants kick the tires (or in this case his knees).

Maybe he'd prefer sunny south Florida instead? ;-D
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TGM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Looks like the Titans are the front runners to land Holt. This is according to R/W:

Torry Holt-WR-Rams Mar. 13 - 7:10 pm et

The Titans were reportedly on the verge of trading for Torry Holt on Thursday before the trade fell apart. According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the deal fell through after Holt refused to restructure his contract. Appearing Friday on NFL Network, Lombardi said he suspects the Titans are still the front-runners to land Holt since they were the only team interested in trading for him.

Source: National Football Post
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 pm

TGM wrote:Looks like the Titans are the front runners to land Holt. This is according to R/W:

The Titans were reportedly on the verge of trading for Torry Holt on Thursday before the trade fell apart. According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the deal fell through after Holt refused to restructure his contract. Appearing Friday on NFL Network, Lombardi said he suspects the Titans are still the front-runners to land Holt since they were the only team interested in trading for him.

Is it just me or is Lombardi's logic backwards? This report tells me that if Holt wanted to play for the Titans at the contract they were proposing, he would have restructured. My thoughts are that either the Titans offer was below Holt's envisioned value of himself is or he has no interest in playing in Tennessee.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 am

He's also assuming that teams who didn't want to deal a pick for him wouldn't want to try to sign him to a contract if he became a free agent...he actually seems to be assuming his entire "report" so I have a hard time putting a whole lot of stock into it. I'm sure the Titans are interested but it's anyone's guess whether the interest is mutual and like you said LBC, if he wanted to go there why not accept the restructured deal and take the trade?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TGM » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:00 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:
TGM wrote:Looks like the Titans are the front runners to land Holt. This is according to R/W:

Is it just me or is Lombardi's logic backwards? This report tells me that if Holt wanted to play for the Titans at the contract they were proposing, he would have restructured. My thoughts are that either the Titans offer was below Holt's envisioned value of himself is or he has no interest in playing in Tennessee.

Now that you mention it, yeah...I guess it is a little contradictory. Although, I can see his point. But, ultimately it's gonna be whoever shows him the most money now. Which doesn't look like it'll be my Dolphins. That's just not their MO. Nor the Vikes. At least, not according to this little diddy:

Torry Holt-WR-Rams Mar. 13 - 10:57 pm et

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Vikings are not believed to have interest in Torry Holt. The Vikes chased T.J. Houshmandzadeh and are looking for an upgrade opposite Bernard Berrian. Holt, however, has long played in a different system and may not be a good fit for Brad Childress' West Coast offense.

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

I heard on NFLN that SF is rumored to be a possible landing spot, thereby reuniting him with The Reverend Ike.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:28 pm

joejlitz wrote:
LoveBoatCaptain wrote:For what it's worth, I think Holt is extremely underrated at this point.

I would welcome him into Minnesota as our WR2 with open arms.

Ditto for Philly. He's not the answer (that's Iverson, right?) but, he'll be a significant contributor and it might help McNabb's feelings and Desean Jackson's development.

An Eagles source confirmed the team had no interest in signing T.Holt. *SIGH* Good thing we still got Hank Baskett. :-P
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk