Torry Holt wants out...gets released...signs with Jax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Torry Holt wants out...gets released...signs with Jax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Torry Holt wants out...gets released

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:35 pm

I think the guy can be extremely valuable for a number of teams and can be had fairly cheap. Good hands and route running make him a great pickup.

Man are the Rams gonna suck. SJax's ranking has to drop a bit given they will probably only win 1-2 games.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:36 pm

I'd like the Patriots to take a look at him. That way Welker can move back into the slot.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Instinctive » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:02 pm

I he doesn't want too much cash, he definitely would fit in well with the Pats philosphy of rejuvenation and offense.

I'd personally like to see him in Dallas as a slot guy. Put Williams out at #1, let Austin run deep threat, and use Holt's route running paired with Witten up the middle. Looks-wise, he'd be like Welker, a #2 WR who works best from the middle.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby TGM » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:55 am

portisfan24 wrote:I'd like the Patriots to take a look at him. That way Welker can move back into the slot.

I don't think so. Not with the Pasties signing of Galloway yesterday.

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think the guy can be extremely valuable for a number of teams and can be had fairly cheap. Good hands and route running make him a great pickup.

Man are the Rams gonna suck. SJax's ranking has to drop a bit given they will probably only win 1-2 games.

On the "can be had fairly cheap" comment, I don't think so. I'm thinking he's gonna hold out for as much cash as he can get ($6-8 mill/year over 2-4 years). I mean, let's face it...he's probably looking at his last contract.

As to how bad the Rams are gonna be this year, and how that will affect SJax's value, I think that is an excellent point. And, I couldn't agree more.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Torry Holt wants out

Postby m16a » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 pm

joejlitz wrote:An Eagles source confirmed the team had no interest in signing T.Holt. *SIGH* Good thing we still got Hank Baskett. :-P

Well, as much as I would like to see Holt in Eagles green for a year or two, it makes sense. The Eagles do not like older players, no matter what. Look at the recent track history. Trotter, Thomas, Runyan, Dawkins. All major impact, older guys who they let go. Truthfully, I shoulda seen that with Housh as well, its a commonly followed pattern. Kinda stinks cause older guys can help out in good ways.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 pm

I don't think it hurts Sjax's value that much, It's not like Holt was being all that productive anyhow - Avery is still a definite threat and should only get better plus think about how much better the line is - they sign Brown at center (that improvement is beyond big, it's not even remotely comparable to recent seasons), Jacob Bell is healthy (again, if he plays all/most of the season, huge improvement), they signed Mike Karney (do I need to say it again?), and they hopefully draft Jason Smith with the second pick...huge, huge change in the line. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Dallas would be a nice fit, IMO. ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Dallas would be a nice fit, IMO. ;-D

It would fit their drive to build a team with strong character (I think - don't know much about Holt but he doesn't appear in the blotter much from what I can tell).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Ablack86 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Yup, Holt is as classy as they come.

joejlitz wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Dallas would be a nice fit, IMO. ;-D

It would fit their drive to build a team with strong character (I think - don't know much about Holt but he doesn't appear in the blotter much from what I can tell).
Ablack86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iamgregg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:41 am

Depending on where he lands he could make a nice draft target, especially in PPR.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk