2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2010 NFL Draft

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 am

I cannot stress enough how geeked Nebraska Fan is that Suh returned for his senior year. They weren't kidding when they said he couldn't be blocked in the bowl game. Clemson's O-Line wasn't all that great, but he was definitely on a mission. He should be a lot of fun to watch this year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 am

Okay, here is an actual mock draft.

From: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andrew_perloff/04/28/2010/index.html?eref=T1

(Way early) 2010 NFL Mock Draft

If Roger Goodell gets his wish, the draft will make its prime-time debut next year. The big question is, will there be limits on rookie pay? Here's an absurdly early look at how the 2010 first round could shape up (*denotes underclassmen):

1. St. Louis Rams (trade with Lions on draft day)
*Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Lions will have the worst record, but can't afford another No. 1 overall. Teams will want to trade up for this QB, unlike the lack of interest in Matt Stafford. The only danger is critics will have a year to pick apart Bradford, who could have been No. 1 this year.

2. Oakland Raiders
*Eric Berry, SS, Tennessee

Will the new Raiders coach be able to talk Al Davis out of workout wonder Taylor Mays? This is very high for a safety, but Berry is special.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Tampa Bay's defense will really need help after its first full Monte Kiffin-less season.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby The Lung » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:55 pm

knapplc wrote:I cannot stress enough how geeked Nebraska Fan is that Suh returned for his senior year. They weren't kidding when they said he couldn't be blocked in the bowl game. Clemson's O-Line wasn't all that great, but he was definitely on a mission. He should be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Suh is also a top ten pick in this (absurdly early) 2010 mock draft. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 pm

The mock is funny.

First, DET won't have the first pick.

Second, OAK will not take a safety because they took a SS in the second round this year grabbing him super early because of his upside

Third, the Bucs will not draft a DT that high. Bates does not draft DT that high because he needs huge guys that take up space and not skill. I agree the Bucs will have a high pick, but they won't use it on a DT.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:06 pm

These absurdly early mock drafts are ridiculous to begin with, and the only value I see in them right now is just getting to know the elite prospects and their perceived strengths / weaknesses. When I watch college football this fall, I'm much more likely to watch a game in which one or more of these prospects is playing in. (With the exception of Pitt, I don't really follow one team. And I actually have only followed Pitt in this decade because of Larry Fitzgerald and LeSean McCoy. Pitt is not my alma mater) I see very little value at all in predicting the standings for next year, and where NFL teams are going to pick, or their team needs. I'm much more interested in getting informed about the players themselves.

If I cared about where they projected NFL teams to finish, then I'd surely have a beef with the Steelers not projected at #31 or #32. With an arguably much easier schedule, 21 out of 22 starters returning, essentially getting 2 first round picks this year with the return of Rashard Mendenhall, and getting their 2-time Ray Guy award winning punter back, it doesn't seem logical to project that the Chargers or Patriots (even with Tom Brady) are going to beat them. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby knapplc » Wed May 13, 2009 8:38 am

The Lung wrote:These absurdly early mock drafts are ridiculous to begin with, and the only value I see in them right now is just getting to know the elite prospects and their perceived strengths / weaknesses.

That's what I see them for as well. So much can happen between now and next Spring. But at least these names are out there, so if you weren't paying attention to them before you can keep an eye on them now.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 am

Gators tweak Tebow's mechanics

Tebow working on NFL future this spring
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has won a Heisman Trophy and two national championships.

In three seasons at Florida, Tebow has thrown for more than 6,300 yards with 67 touchdowns and has never thrown more than six interceptions in a season. As a sophomore in 2007, Tebow became the first player in NCAA history to run for at least 20 touchdowns and pass for at least 20 in the same season (23 and 32, respectively).

But going into Tebow's senior season, in which the Gators are a popular preseason choice to win their third national championship in four years, Florida is changing the way he plays quarterback.

After playing out of the shotgun exclusively the past three seasons, Tebow will work under center at times this fall. And new Gators quarterbacks coach Scott Loeffler has tweaked Tebow's throwing motion, turning his sidearm delivery into an over-the-top motion.

"It's called adapting," Florida coach Urban Meyer said. "It's not a wholesale change, but I was concerned about it. I watched it closely. I'm always thinking, 'If it's not broken, don't change it.'"

Altering the mechanics of one of the most productive players in college football history is a gamble, to say the least. It's like tweaking the swing of a .300 hitter or changing the mechanics of a scratch golfer.

"Hopefully, they'll screw him up," said one coach at a rival SEC school.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby quiksilver » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 am

The Lung wrote:23. Greg Alexander, Hawaii

This guy was the QB at my high school, and transferred from the JuCo in my hometown.

Last year was unfortunate- I don't think anybody would have a strong Division 1-A debut with their first start being against FLORIDA! He didn't really lock down the position until a few months into the season, and did well the rest of the way (14 TDs/3 INTs passing).

Didn't even know he was on the radar for being a quality passer this season, and even a potential NFL draft prospect. Good luck to him.
quiksilver
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount's Draft Stock:

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Jeff's college fantasy football season:

:-D
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 NFL Draft