2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2010 NFL Draft

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 pm

The NFP Super 30
Our first ranking of the nation’s top 30 prospects

In the first installment of the National Football Post’s Super 30, we break down and rank the nation’s top junior and senior prospects for next year’s NFL Draft.

1. QB Jake Locker, Washington (6-3, 226)
The nation’s top quarterback prospect.

2. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)
One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years. Looks like an instant impact player in the NFL.

3. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)
A disruptive force inside who plays with a great motor and consistently finds the football.

4. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-6, 312)
Might be coach Kirk Ferentz’s best offensive lineman prospect yet.

5. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)
His combination of length, body control and burst make him a big-time threat rushing the passer.

6. ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama (6-4, 256)
Possesses an impressive athletic skill set for his size and has the ability to play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

7. WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State (6-2, 220)
A powerful route runner who displays the short-area quickness to separate out of his breaks and can create after the catch.

8. RB Jahvid Best, California (5-10, 195)
Added some much-needed girth to his lower half last offseason but is still a big play waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.

9. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida (6-6, 290)
Exhibits the power, length and quickness to develop into a disruptive three-down lineman at the next level.

10. DT Terrence Cody, Alabama (6-5, 365)
An immovable object inside who has the ability to anchor the interior of any defensive line.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Wow, I've always been really high on Locker but never imagined he would end up the #1 prospect. Especially not this year with Bradford likely coming out.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, I've always been really high on Locker but never imagined he would end up the #1 prospect. Especially not this year with Bradford likely coming out.

I guess that injury really hurt his stock.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Metroid wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Wow, I've always been really high on Locker but never imagined he would end up the #1 prospect. Especially not this year with Bradford likely coming out.

It did for now. If he comes back and has some good games, we'll see him back up around the top of that list.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:

It did for now. If he comes back and has some good games, we'll see him back up around the top of that list.

Yeah totally, hopefully he can come back strong and really improve his stock.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:24 am

It's looking like this is going to become a reality, so I may as well ask. Where do we think Crabtree fits in in next year's draft?

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Agreed. I'm watching close because I will be needing a QB in my dynasty league. I believe next years QB class will be solid.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It's looking like this is going to become a reality, so I may as well ask. Where do we think Crabtree fits in in next year's draft?

I hope he gets totally screwed. I am definately not a fan of the niners given the playoff rivalry we have had over the years but I'm pissed about this guy. What a freakin tool. Whats next a guy not drafted claiming he should have been top 10? The situation really bugs me and I listen to sports radio most of the day.

I hope so bad noone wants to take a chance on him or at least drop down in the draft enough where he gets mediocre money.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It's looking like this is going to become a reality, so I may as well ask. Where do we think Crabtree fits in in next year's draft?

I hope he gets totally screwed. I am definately not a fan of the niners given the playoff rivalry we have had over the years but I'm pissed about this guy. What a freakin tool. Whats next a guy not drafted claiming he should have been top 10? The situation really bugs me and I listen to sports radio most of the day.

I hope so bad noone wants to take a chance on him or at least drop down in the draft enough where he gets mediocre money.

I agree. He could REALLY fall as well, since once he falls a little, everyone would be afraid to take a chance on drafting someone in the teens who will demand top 5 money.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby coltsrock » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 pm

is there no love for Chase Keenum? (Houston QB)
or is he another Graham Harrell? (Big numbers because of the offense he plays in but otherwise not good)
coltsrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 NFL Draft