2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Maryland OT Bruce Campbell declares for draft
Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy declares for draft
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

RB Ranks

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:20 pm

One of the websites I frequent posted a ranking of draft-eligible RBs at the mid-point of the college season. This is how they ranked them-

walterfootball wrote:1- Jahvid Best, California
2- CJ Spiller, Clemson
3- Johnathan Dwyer, GA Tech
4- Ryan Matthews, Fresno
5- Anthony Dixon, Miss State
6- Evan Royster, Penn State
7- Toby Gerhart, Stanford
8- Montario Hardesty, Tennessee
9- Charles Scott, LSU
10- Noel Devine, WVU
11- Andre Anderson, Tulane
12- Joe McKnight, USC
13- DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
14- Javarris James, Miami
15- Keith Toston, OK State
16- Keiland Williams, LSU
17- Chris Brown, Oklahoma
18- Michael Smith, Arkansas
19- Ben Tate, Auburn
20- Brandon James, Florida

A couple of things jump out at me. Gerhart, an eventual Heisman finalist, isn't top-5. Where's Blount? I've seen McKnight much higher.

If you were to redo this list, how would you correct it?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 am

Take Royster off the list - he is apparently returning to Penn State for his season year.

C.J. Spiller over Best - Spiller is Chris Johnson lite. Southern Cal RB Stafon Johnson really needs to be on the list. U Conn RB Andre Dixon is another omission. Also don't forget James Starks of Buffalo who was injured shortly before the 2009 season started. Starks is a BEAST - he's listed at 6-2 and 211 lbs. and obviously has room to add weight to his frame. 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Joique Bell could be an interesting sleeper...he won the D2 Hiesman equivalent. looks like he has some decent size (6'1", 223lbs) but 40 time is only 4.55...read somewhere that he is training to get down to a 4.4 though. kid sounds like a great athlete though and if he impresses at the combine could get a look somewhere...looks like he has some decent hands too

watching him run down this DB on a failed 2pt conversion makes me thinks he's got some breakaway speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWf1bHtg1tc
also overall highlight reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNMt1ZzJ3Q
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Joique Bell could be an interesting sleeper...he won the D2 Hiesman equivalent. looks like he has some decent size (6'1", 223lbs) but 40 time is only 4.55...read somewhere that he is training to get down to a 4.4 though. kid sounds like a great athlete though and if he impresses at the combine could get a look somewhere...looks like he has some decent hands too

watching him run down this DB on a failed 2pt conversion makes me thinks he's got some breakaway speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWf1bHtg1tc
also overall highlight reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNMt1ZzJ3Q

I would love for them to due 40 times with and without normal playing equipment. Sometimes there is a world of difference between 40 times and footbal speed.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby masarume » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 pm

What are the odds of Spiller actually being a fantasy force?
Moreno was a first rounder and he is not amongst my six keepers for next year.

So far, my Shonn Green pick up seems to be a better fantasy investment.
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Munboy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm not sold on Timmy as a "Elite" draft prospect. Despite Flordia working him under center SOME this past year, he did spend a majority of the year in shotgun. His accuracy is in question (yes, low INTs blah blah blah... This is due to him taking off instead of throwing the ball in tight spaces). His mechanics are horrible. I've really watched his delivery during the senior bowl practices this week and have been horrified by them. His delivery is loooonggggg and sloowwwwww. His footwork is choppy (a norm for running QBs). He's like a more physically gifted, less accurate Alex Smith in terms of mechanics and presence inside a pocket. The team that takes him will have an aging and/or serviceable QB in place. Timmy will come in to learn and work on his mechanics and run the wildcat for a couple years. He is several years away from being a starting QB, and that's only if he works to get better as a passing QB.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Munboy wrote:I'm not sold on Timmy as a "Elite" draft prospect. Despite Flordia working him under center SOME this past year, he did spend a majority of the year in shotgun. His accuracy is in question (yes, low INTs blah blah blah... This is due to him taking off instead of throwing the ball in tight spaces). His mechanics are horrible. I've really watched his delivery during the senior bowl practices this week and have been horrified by them. His delivery is loooonggggg and sloowwwwww. His footwork is choppy (a norm for running QBs). He's like a more physically gifted, less accurate Alex Smith in terms of mechanics and presence inside a pocket. The team that takes him will have an aging and/or serviceable QB in place. Timmy will come in to learn and work on his mechanics and run the wildcat for a couple years. He is several years away from being a starting QB, and that's only if he works to get better as a passing QB.

some team (probably Jacksonville) will give him a shot, maybe toy with the wilcat or something. he'll probably be out of football in 3 years unless he switches to H-back or something like that
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GREEN BAY GUMBY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Munboy wrote:I'm not sold on Timmy as a "Elite" draft prospect. Despite Flordia working him under center SOME this past year, he did spend a majority of the year in shotgun. His accuracy is in question (yes, low INTs blah blah blah... This is due to him taking off instead of throwing the ball in tight spaces). His mechanics are horrible. I've really watched his delivery during the senior bowl practices this week and have been horrified by them. His delivery is loooonggggg and sloowwwwww. His footwork is choppy (a norm for running QBs). He's like a more physically gifted, less accurate Alex Smith in terms of mechanics and presence inside a pocket. The team that takes him will have an aging and/or serviceable QB in place. Timmy will come in to learn and work on his mechanics and run the wildcat for a couple years. He is several years away from being a starting QB, and that's only if he works to get better as a passing QB.

AGREED
GREEN BAY GUMBY
GREEN BAY GUMBY
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GREEN BAY GUMBY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Tebow will be a disappointment unless a team turns their offense into a Gator style offense
GREEN BAY GUMBY
GREEN BAY GUMBY
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to 2010 NFL Draft