How cool - personal submarine - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How cool - personal submarine

Moderator: Football Moderators

How cool - personal submarine

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Man I'd love to have one of these!! Imagine one of these and being able to sail around to world to various historical maritime locales. I'd spend more time underwater than dry.

What better toy to have on the end of your 200-foot yacht than a submarine capable of diving to 1,500 feet below the sea's surface?

He said Deep Flight submersibles are designed to be more agile than any creature living in the ocean -- with the exception of dolphins. The company says that because of the wings, the Super Falcon can go barrel-rolling with dolphins while traveling at speeds much faster than other private submarines. The craft can stay underwater for up to five hours and travel at speeds up to 6 knots, the company says on its Web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/03/06/eod.luxury.submarines/index.html
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How cool - personal submarine

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Just get a group of guys, chip in a few bucks. No big deal. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah, that would be awesome. I love underwater shots. There's a show, can't think of what channel, about spearhunting in the ocean. Pretty cool underwater shots of fish and reefs and such. Love that stuff. It's like another world under the water.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:57 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:There's a show, can't think of what channel, about spearhunting in the ocean.

You might be thinking of Ocean Hunters. Same crew that does Offshore Adventures. Used to be on ESPN2, now is on Outdoor Network, I believe. I have my DVR set to record Offshore Adventures and Spanish Fly, that's my Sunday morning coffee media during the offseason. :-)

edited to correct my suddenly lousy typing :-t
Last edited by scottaa1 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 am

If you want to make your own, just contact the Mexican or Columbian drug kingpins. They've been making their own mini subs to try to circumvent the drug agencies for years.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:There's a show, can't think of what channel, about spearhunting in the ocean.

You might be thinking of Ocean Hunters. Same crew that does Offshore Adventures. Used to be on ESPN2, now is on Outdoor Network, I believe. I have my DVR set to record Offshore Adventures and Spanish Fly, that's my Sunday morning coffee media during the offseason. :-)

edited to correct my suddenly lousy typing :-t

Actually, it's called Spear Gun Hunter on Outdoor Channel. I have no idea when it is, I just DVRed for new episodes.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:40 pm

knapplc wrote:If you want to make your own, just contact the Mexican or Columbian drug kingpins. They've been making their own mini subs to try to circumvent the drug agencies for years.

Or the Russian government, I think they have a few nuclear subs on the cheap. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:59 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:If you want to make your own, just contact the Mexican or Columbian drug kingpins. They've been making their own mini subs to try to circumvent the drug agencies for years.

Or the Russian government, I think they have a few nuclear subs on the cheap. ;-D

You betcha. You could buy the Kursk for probably 100 Rubles. Radiation suit not included.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk