The Youth of America is a lost cause... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:22 am

My generation gave us AC/DC Def Leopard, and Led Zeplin. Which are still pretty popular today My 14 year old son just bought the Houses of the Holy CD.

Sorry about all though gitar rock hair bands though.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5065
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Center of the Universe

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby bungle613 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am

houstonherdfan wrote:My generation gave us AC/DC Def Leopard, and Led Zeplin. Which are still pretty popular today My 14 year old son just bought the Houses of the Holy CD.

Sorry about all though gitar rock hair bands though.


Zeppelin and Def Leppard are 10 years apart, maybe more if you go from first hit to first hit. ACDC falls in between them, mid 70's
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:51 pm

bungle613 wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:My generation gave us AC/DC Def Leopard, and Led Zeplin. Which are still pretty popular today My 14 year old son just bought the Houses of the Holy CD.

Sorry about all though gitar rock hair bands though.


Zeppelin and Def Leppard are 10 years apart, maybe more if you go from first hit to first hit. ACDC falls in between them, mid 70's


Ok I hit the time where Zep was still amazing and got into the teen years through AC/DC and Def. I stradled 2 different generations then.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5065
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Center of the Universe

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby bungle613 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:My generation gave us AC/DC Def Leopard, and Led Zeplin. Which are still pretty popular today My 14 year old son just bought the Houses of the Holy CD.

Sorry about all though gitar rock hair bands though.


Zeppelin and Def Leppard are 10 years apart, maybe more if you go from first hit to first hit. ACDC falls in between them, mid 70's


Ok I hit the time where Zep was still amazing and got into the teen years through AC/DC and Def. I stradled 2 different generations then.



lol... fair enough. :-b
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:30 am

Ya well, my generation gave you New Kids on the Block, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys and about 39583 other interchangeable, crappy boy bands.
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby Guru13 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 am

portisfan24 wrote:Ya well, my generation gave you New Kids on the Block, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys and about 39583 other interchangeable, crappy boy bands.

certainly we can think of something better than that.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9207
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby bungle613 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Ya well, my generation gave you New Kids on the Block, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys and about 39583 other interchangeable, crappy boy bands.

certainly we can think of something better than that.


You might be hard pressed. The last 5-7 years of music has been the worst that I can ever remember and that's including the mid 80's. I don' think I have purchased a CD since 1999.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 pm

bungle613 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Ya well, my generation gave you New Kids on the Block, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys and about 39583 other interchangeable, crappy boy bands.

certainly we can think of something better than that.


You might be hard pressed. The last 5-7 years of music has been the worst that I can ever remember and that's including the mid 80's. I don' think I have purchased a CD since 1999.


It does kind of crack us old guys up when our teenagers are listening to our music from the 70's and 80's. I mean... we never listened to 50's and 60's stuff. My son simply says, "It's 'cause our music sucks or they're just copying yours."

Old guys rule. ;-)
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:It does kind of crack us old guys up when our teenagers are listening to our music from the 70's and 80's. I mean... we never listened to 50's and 60's stuff. My son simply says, "It's 'cause our music sucks or they're just copying yours."

Old guys rule. ;-)


My kid likes his share of some newer stuff, but his favorites are still the classics. Speaking of which, we got tickets to see Clapton in concert. It'll be his first real concert. He's pretty excited.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: The Youth of America is a lost cause...

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:It does kind of crack us old guys up when our teenagers are listening to our music from the 70's and 80's. I mean... we never listened to 50's and 60's stuff. My son simply says, "It's 'cause our music sucks or they're just copying yours."

Old guys rule. ;-)


My kid likes his share of some newer stuff, but his favorites are still the classics. Speaking of which, we got tickets to see Clapton in concert. It'll be his first real concert. He's pretty excited.


Here's what I love...

Old time rockers showing up at the county fair! Remember how you couldn't hardly get into a Loverboy concert? We've had them, The Doobies, Nugent, Beach Boys, and the born-again version of Alice Cooper ;-7 :-b to name a few. $7 gets you all day at the fair and a concert at the end.
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:26 hours
(and 57 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact