Salary Cap league question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary Cap league question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Salary Cap league question

Postby brockretz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 pm

I am a commissioner in a salary cap fantasy league and have been getting some feedback from other owners about wanting to do a rookie draft. Currently we just throw rookies in with all of the other players during the auction. Each team always has some players under contract so there is some keeper league aspect to this league as well. I like the fact of the worst team getting the best incoming rookie. My problem is how much do you pay rookies from a draft? We currently have a $200 cap. Would you have a descending salary, for example first pick is paid 15, 2nd 14 ect.... Any thoughts are feedback would be much appreciated.
brockretz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Salary Cap league question

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm

brockretz wrote:I am a commissioner in a salary cap fantasy league and have been getting some feedback from other owners about wanting to do a rookie draft. Currently we just throw rookies in with all of the other players during the auction. Each team always has some players under contract so there is some keeper league aspect to this league as well. I like the fact of the worst team getting the best incoming rookie. My problem is how much do you pay rookies from a draft? We currently have a $200 cap. Would you have a descending salary, for example first pick is paid 15, 2nd 14 ect.... Any thoughts are feedback would be much appreciated.

Here's what we do in one of my salary cap leagues:

rookie $ wrote:The rookie draft each year will use the following values:

Round 1 (Picks 1-6): $4 million
Round 1 (Picks 7-12): $3 million
Round 2 (Picks 1-6): $2 million
Round 2 (Picks 7-12): $1 million
Round 3: $.5 million
Round 4: $.2 million

Something similar to the "descending salaries" you mentioned. Our salary cap is around $85 million. This league is a dynasty league, with IDP's & 35 man rosters...so it's a lot different from your league, but here's the link to the forum if you want to check it out.

DEFUNCT DYNASTY LEAGUE

I've never heard of rookie drafts in keeper leagues, but I don't see why something similar couldn't work in your league. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner