Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Moderator: Football Moderators

Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 am

Judge tells Vick to pay his own way

Daily News Wire Services

Fallen NFL star Michael Vick must appear at a bankruptcy hearing in Virginia next month and should pay his own way from the Kansas prison where he is serving time for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy, a judge ruled yesterday.

One of Vick's criminal attorneys, Lawrence Woodward, presented receipts showing it cost about $3,636 to bring Vick from Leavenworth to Surry County, Va., in November to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges. Vick paid for that trip.

Article: Judge Tells Vick to Pay His Own Way

I wonder what Vick's prison job is. License plates? Laundry? Dog grooming?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Postby TGM » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:09 pm

joejlitz wrote:I wonder what Vick's prison job is. License plates? Laundry? Dog grooming?

Yeah, that would be appropriate, I think. Better yet, doggie pooper scooper (but, without the pooper scooper). LOL. I doubt they have them in prison though.

Good for the judge too BTW. He should have to pay his own way IMO.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 pm

joejlitz wrote:

Daily News Wire Services

Fallen NFL star Michael Vick must appear at a bankruptcy hearing in Virginia next month and should pay his own way from the Kansas prison where he is serving time for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy, a judge ruled yesterday.

One of Vick's criminal attorneys
, Lawrence Woodward, presented receipts showing it cost about $3,636 to bring Vick from Leavenworth to Surry County, Va., in November to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges. Vick paid for that trip.

Ummm.... I'm really wondering how much that $3,636 matters.

I don't know what kind of counsel Vick got for himself, but at a good firm, Associates bill out around $350/hr and partners $500 - $800. And they don't pay for their own travel, either.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:52 am

Matthias wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

Daily News Wire Services

One of Vick's criminal attorneys
, Lawrence Woodward, presented receipts showing it cost about $3,636 to bring Vick from Leavenworth to Surry County, Va., in November to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges. Vick paid for that trip.

Ummm.... I'm really wondering how much that $3,636 matters.

I don't know what kind of counsel Vick got for himself, but at a good firm, Associates bill out around $350/hr and partners $500 - $800. And they don't pay for their own travel, either.

So Vick paid his lawyer at least half that to prepare and deliver his argument for the state to pay for the travel. :-{
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Posted about 4 hours ago
Vick agrees to pay Falcons; team expected to release QB
Associated Press

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Michael Vick has agreed to pay the Atlanta Falcons at least $6.5 million as part of his bankruptcy case, clearing the way for the team to release him before training camp.

The settlement was reached ahead of Vick's bankruptcy hearing in Virginia on Thursday. The suspended quarterback arrived in his home state Monday afternoon and was being held at Western Tidewater Regional Jail in Suffolk, Va.

According to a bankruptcy court filing, the Falcons have settled their claim that Vick owed them nearly $21.2 million for bonuses he received before his guilty plea to federal dogfighting charges.

After an arbitrator sided with the team, the players union took the case to federal court. A U.S. district judge reduced the amount to $3.75 million, and the case remains on appeal.

"To resolve uncertainty over the amount of the Falcons' claim, the parties have determined that the Falcons will receive an allowed general unsecured claim in the debtor's bankruptcy case in the amount of $7.5 million," said the filing, which was entered last week. "If the district court's ruling is ultimately affirmed on appeal, the amount of the Falcons' claim will be reduced to $6.5 million."

Vick's bankruptcy lawyers, Peter Ginsberg and Paul Campsen, did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.

The suspended NFL star was being held in a general population block at the Suffolk jail but had limited contact with other inmates, said Lt. Tanya Scott, the facility's spokeswoman. She said one of Vick's attorneys met with him Tuesday, but he'd had no other visitors.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 am

I really wish there were more NFL news to read about than this.

*SIGH*

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum sued Showbiz Promotions, the Jacksonville-based company that makes a Michael Vick chew toy for dogs, because the firm allegedly had not kept its promise to donate proceeds from sales to animal shelters.
"Any company that intentionally misleads innocent consumers to believe they are contributing to worthy charitable causes is absolutely reprehensible," McCollum said in a statement. "It is disgusting that a company would exploit a tragic situation for personal gain."
The real problem here is that dogs only get to chew on a toy likeness of Vick...

Rest of Article: Chew on This, Vick
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby confused_jake » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm glad its turning out this way for Vick, it seems the American Justice system is actually doing one right! ;-D I especially like the part about Vick paying his way to be transferred in prisons.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Vick turned down an offer to do a reality TV show that would show his life after jail and how he goes about his daily life and trying to win back his respect and fans. Heard it on the radio,but here's a related link.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/04/15/ ... y-tv-star/
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:45 am

I'm watching Outside the Lines doing a segment on Vick and his upcoming home release program. He'll get to go to work during the week at his $10 an hour construction job and get 4 hours of time on Sat and another 4 hours on Sunday where he can attend church services and do other things that BUT there are restrictions on what he can do. No restaurants, no basketball games, no this, no that. I GUARANTEE he violates this condition of his release in some form or another. I'm so confident that if he doesn't violate this condition, I won't post for a week.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Fear and Loathing in Atlanta » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:42 pm

confused_jake wrote:I'm glad its turning out this way for Vick, it seems the American Justice system is actually doing one right! ;-D I especially like the part about Vick paying his way to be transferred in prisons.

im sure this has been gone over hundreds of times here before so i dont want to start anything, and dont get me wrong i love my dogs, but the guy has lost millions and millions of dollars and has had serious damage done to his reputation because he killed some dogs and helped finance a dog fighting ring. Donte Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk and I have not seen any real national news source spending serious time on the story... Vick's punishment did not fit the crime.
Fear and Loathing in Atlanta
Monday Morning Quarterback

Next

Return to Football Talk