Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Fear and Loathing in Atlanta wrote:
confused_jake wrote:I'm glad its turning out this way for Vick, it seems the American Justice system is actually doing one right! ;-D I especially like the part about Vick paying his way to be transferred in prisons.

im sure this has been gone over hundreds of times here before so i dont want to start anything, and dont get me wrong i love my dogs, but the guy has lost millions and millions of dollars and has had serious damage done to his reputation because he killed some dogs and helped finance a dog fighting ring. Donte Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk and I have not seen any real national news source spending serious time on the story... Vick's punishment did not fit the crime.

Vick's punishment absolutely fitted the crime, and I hope to god Stallworth is punished properly for his crime too. Vick's case was a bigger story in the media because he was a mega-star, the face of a franchise, and a major face in the new NFL. Stallworth is a talented football player, but his similarity with Vick ends there. Is vehicular homicide worse that animal cruelty? Of course. That doesn't make what Vick did any less disgusting, they are two totally separate cases.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Judge tell Vick to Pay his own Way

Postby confused_jake » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Metroid wrote:
Fear and Loathing in Atlanta wrote:
confused_jake wrote:I'm glad its turning out this way for Vick, it seems the American Justice system is actually doing one right! ;-D I especially like the part about Vick paying his way to be transferred in prisons.

im sure this has been gone over hundreds of times here before so i dont want to start anything, and dont get me wrong i love my dogs, but the guy has lost millions and millions of dollars and has had serious damage done to his reputation because he killed some dogs and helped finance a dog fighting ring. Donte Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk and I have not seen any real national news source spending serious time on the story... Vick's punishment did not fit the crime.

Vick's punishment absolutely fitted the crime, and I hope to god Stallworth is punished properly for his crime too. Vick's case was a bigger story in the media because he was a mega-star, the face of a franchise, and a major face in the new NFL. Stallworth is a talented football player, but his similarity with Vick ends there. Is vehicular homicide worse that animal cruelty? Of course. That doesn't make what Vick did any less disgusting, they are two totally separate cases.

I agree Met, 2 completely separate cases. Honestly I dont think it is important for a case to get media attention. I don't care if the story comes up on every news show in America, as long as justice is served.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk