Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian

Postby mikus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Sad, sad story today out of the NFL:

ESPN.com wrote:MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

Not going to speculate on what happens to Stallworth here, but if he was under the influence this will carry serious consequences and rightfully so.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian

Postby Double A » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Wow, I really hope he wasn't under the influence of anything.
Double A
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I always wondered, what happens if you are illegally drunk, but actually committed no crime (e.g., you were within your correct lane and following all traffic signals), while the person killed was in the wrong (e.g., killed while jaywalking during a green light) or something like that, where they determined even a completely sober personally most likely would have killed this man as well. Can they still charge you with vehicular homicide or whatever? Is it still your fault?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 pm

7:00 AM?

First question I had was,
"Did he get up early to see the sunrise, or was he still up from an all-nighter?" :-?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 pm

The Hazean wrote:UPDATE: ProFootballTalk is reporting that prosecutors are building an indictment against Stallworth to charge him with manslaughter DUI. Stallworth apparently admitted that he had been drinking at some point during the course of the morning, but his blood alcohol content is not yet known.

Not looking good for Stallworth. :-t
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby stomperrob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Sources: Stallworth expected to be charged
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Mar 16, 12:14 am EDT

Miami police have indicated that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth is expected to be charged as a result of the driving accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning, two sources with knowledge of the investigation said.

Pending the outcome of the investigation, which includes results of a blood test for drugs or alcohol, the sources said driving under the influence, vehicular manslaughter and reckless driving were among the possible charges.

“The police seem pretty confident that they’re going to charge him,” a source with the NFL said. “ … Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he’s going to be charged with something, regardless.”

A detective source was also told that the police anticipated charging Stallworth, who was reportedly cooperative with police and distraught over Reyes’ death.

“I think it looks like to the police that Stallworth wasn’t being careful, at the very least,” the second source said.

con't...

rest of article: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu ... &type=lgns
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby dmacblue » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm

mikus wrote:
The Hazean wrote:UPDATE: ProFootballTalk is reporting that prosecutors are building an indictment against Stallworth to charge him with manslaughter DUI. Stallworth apparently admitted that he had been drinking at some point during the course of the morning, but his blood alcohol content is not yet known.

Not looking good for Stallworth. :-t

looking better for him than the poor soul that he ran over...'possibly' by being loaded :-t

There but for the grace of God go I....as my Gran always says....awful news

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby mattUTD20 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:35 am

Drinking before 7 in the morning...you stay classy Mr. Stallworth :-B
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gersh71 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:07 am

What is wrong with these morons!!?? If he WAS drunk/impaired, whatever,GET A FREAKIN DRIVER!!!! You own a Bentley for God sakes, you should have enough quid left over to hire someone to cart your sorry @ss all over town. With these guys, they think the laws dont apply to them. Its all about the "look at me" "look what I got!" mentality. Perhaps if these idiots learned to read, they would see whats happening to the other athletes around them. (Marshawn, Pacman, Burress) etc. So sick of hearing about this type of crap. If it happened to me< Id be looking at 20 yrs. or more. Its gettin old. :-t
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 am

Stallworth's hamstring must have flared up which caused him to accelerate. :-b

Sorry, too soon? :-°
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk