Thoms: Eagles too Businesslike; Wanted to stay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Philadelphia Eagles

Thoms: Eagles too Businesslike; Wanted to stay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoms: Eagles too Businesslike; Wanted to stay

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 pm

"I look at the coach from Pittsburgh [Mike Tomlin], he seems like he's a real passionate coach. He's really into his players, joking around with them. I think he's a great motivator, also. Other coaches around the league, I've seen them get passionate. Philly is just a little different. It's more businesslike, you know? Like, 'I expect you to do it, and that's it.'..."I think it was real tough, because he really wanted to stay there," the elder Thomas said. "I think he kind of wanted to retire a Philadelphia Eagle. I wanted him to stay, too - I think Philly's got another shot at going back [to the Super Bowl]. That [NFC Championship loss] was a heartbreaker."

Thomas said that when the season ended, his son, "was thinking he was going to be with the Eagles. I think he was a little disappointed that they didn't sign him [soon] after the season."

Later, Tra acknowledged, "Of course I wanted to stay there. But they had to want me there."

''

Rest of Article: Saturday's Philadelphia Daily News
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Philadelphia Eagles