All 2008 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2008 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Waiver Process

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:26 am

Reminder that there is a waiver process for the weekend. I have contacted FnJ for how we are going to handle the pick-ups made over the weekend. At this time DO NOT pick-up any player via the Yahoo site.

WAIVERS
We will have a waiver priority system. The initial priority order will be the reverse of the offensive veteran draft order. When a player is dropped from a team he gets put on waivers for 24 hours. If more than 1 owner puts in a claim for a player on waivers, the owner with the highest waiver priority gets that player and then moves to the back of the waiver priority order. If noone put's in a claim for a dropped player, the player becomes a free agent at the end of the 24 hours and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

Waiver priority is cumulative over the entire season, so if you were #1 last week and you didn't use your waiver priority, then you're #1 this week (i.e. it doesn't reset).

Once the 1st game of a given week starts (early Saturday or Sunday games) all free agents get put on waivers until Tuesday at Midnight (EST), which is about 24 hours after the Monday Night game. Noone will be allowed to pick up or drop any players during this time. Let's call this time period the "Weekend Waiver Period".

The exception is when there is a Thursday game. Only the players playing on Thursday will get locked early. The rest of the players will get locked when the 1st Saturday or Sunday game starts in that week.

During the Weekend Waiver Period, all owners that want to put in a claim for any player will PM me their request. If I want to put in a claim for any player I will PM Dream_017 my request. All requests will have "Weekend Waiver Request" as the title of the PM. Dream_017 & I will not be allowed to read these requests until after the Weekend Waiver Period is over (Tuesday, Midnight (EST)). Everyone that puts in a Weekend Waiver Request will know that Dream_017 & I didn't read the request early because the PM will still be in everyones outbox. This ensures that all requests will remain private.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period is over, the owner who had the highest priority gets the requested player. This owner can now go to yahoo to officially add the player to his team and drop a player (to keep a legal roster).

If you want to make a request for more than 1 player, put the players in priority order in the PM, based on your preference of which one is highest on your priority list. If one owner puts in multiple requests over the Weekend Waiver Period, the 1st player listed/requested will be the 1st player considered as far as waiver priority goes. Once you use your first claim, that moves you to the back of the line for your #2 waiver claim.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period ends (12:01 EST Wednesday Morning), all unpicked players become free agents and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis until the next Weekend Waiver Period begins.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 pm

This is actually my fault because I should have locked the add/drops after Thursday's game started.

Since the 4 guys that were picked up after Thursdays game started should have went through the waiver process, we need those 2 owners who picked up those 4 players to drop them so they can go through the waiver process.

Sorry about that guys. I'll make sure that I lock the add/drops from Sunday at 1 until Tuesday at Midnight next week.

I'll PM the owners who made the add/drops.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:39 pm

Crime's add/drop on Sunday morning was legal because it was before the Sunday games started. Only the last 3 add/drops are illegal.

These are the 3 that need to be reversed:

Crime adding Jenkins & dropping White

Jimboozie adding Grossman & dropping Clemens
Jimboozie adding T.Henry & dropping Gabriel

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:04 pm

I dont have time to make PMs for waivers. :-#

Please reset the waiver priority since I dropped Henry and Grossman. I should have the #1 priority.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:29 pm

we have to pm a waiver request every week...

dont like that system at all :-°

What about the people picking up people now are we allowing it or what I need to know so I can pick up someon since I had to cut Jenkins
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:31 am

OK guys. I thought about this all day while I was at work. Unfortunately today was a day that my computer wouldn't allow me onto the cafe. My computer is weird in that some days I can go everywhere on the internet and some days I can't.

Anyway, most people know why we agreed on the waiver system that we have but Crime wasn't here when we decided that so I'll explain it.

We tried to make it just like how nfl.com does their waiver system. On nfl.com all players get put on waivers when the 1st game of the week starts until Tuesday night at midnight. During this time all the owners can place a request for an add/drop and then the owner with the highest waiver priotiy gets that player once waivers are over for that week (Tuesday at midnight). I don't like how yahoo does their add/drops from Sunday until Tuesday because it gives the advantage to the 1st owner who happens to log in to a computer. I for one go to a sports bar every Sunday to watch the Jets and Giants so there's no way for me to make add/drops during Sunday's games. nfl.com does the waiver system the best way and that's what we were trying to emulate.

With this said, I'm having 2nd thoughts about our waiver system. It sounded like a good idea at the time but unfortunately I think we may have to scrap it and just play by yahoo's waiver system. I think the system I came up with would work but I think it's a little too complicated and I can see a least 2 problems that could arise. 1 would be if someone didn't check the forum and picks up a player after midnight on Tuesday that got awarded to someone who put in a claim on that person over the weekend through PM's. The other thing that isn't fair about this system is something I didn't think about. The way it is now I'm supposed to lock the add/drops from gametime on Sunday until Tuesday at midnight. What's not fair is that when I unlock the add/drops I can be the 1st person to add someone each week because I'll be the 1st person there when the add/drops open on Tuesdays at midnight.

I really hate the yahoo system but I think it might be a lot easier to just suck it up and play by yahoo's waiver system rules.

Thoughts?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:20 am

I just noticed that Crime dropped Jenkins and that Jimboozie dropped T.Henry & Grossman to try and reverse the add/drops they made this weekend. They haven't added back R.White, Clemens, & Gabriel because they are all on waivers.

THESE PLAYERS ARE OFF LIMITS UNTIL WE DECIDE WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE CURRENT WAIVER PROCESS!

I'm leaving the add/drops unlocked since the current waiver process has the add/drops open after Tuesday at midnight. Please do not pick up any of these 6 players.

Thanks guys and I apologize for all the confusion the waiver process has caused.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:37 am

First off, this is one reason I voted for AOL :-D

Second, I am in the same boat as FnJ -- I have season tickets to the Lions so on home games I will not be able to log on and get the back-up as an injury happens, I am gone usually from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on home game days. I am also not always able to get on to check injuries until Monday morning.

I really like some type of waiver process, not just a first come first serve. Like I have mentioned before, I am not a big fan of yahoo and have not played on there for a couple of years, but I know it is very limited to set-up (line-up configuration/waivers/divisions). I still wouldn't mind moving to AOL(I am 99% sure it could happen EDIT:it can be done), but I know that it would be some work to get everybody there and set-up. I will go with the majority, but my vote is to work out some type of waiver process from kick-off (Sunday) to at least Tuesday noon
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:05 am

Yahoo's system sucks I agree. But I think it would be better if we just used it.

If somebody wants to mess with it and set up a system go right ahead... But I vote as I did before to just leave it...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:13 am

I think we might just have to go with yahoo's system, even thought it may not be the best way, i think we will have this problem reuccuring over and over as the season goes on. I myself have many yahoo leagues and once i'm on i quickly go through each team and add/drop players and update all my teams without really thinking twice about having to pm the waivers for 1 league, but maybe thats just me.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Next

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League