All 2008 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2008 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:25 pm

OK, I'm fine with the PM process. It's a little poopy but it does allow fairness and I won't have to worry about making moves on Sunday.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:04 am

What does everyone think about leaving last week alone (meaning that Crime & Jimboozie can just pick up those guys that they added and then dropped), and then continuing from week 2 on with the waiver system that we originally set up?

I really think it's a fair system. It gives everyone from Sunday at 1 until Tuesday at midnight to PM me their requests. Then I'll post which owners gets which players (based on waiver priority) and open up the add/drops at around 1AM on Wednesday. 1AM instead of midnight only because I get off work at midnight on Tuesday. Then the owners who got the players will be the only people who can add them.

That's the only problem I can see with this but it's easily fixed. We have to make sure that everyone checks the "weekend waiver requests" thread that I'll put up before making add/drops on Wednesday. When I get home after midnight on Tuesday is when I'll open up all the PM's I get for waiver requests for that weekend. I'll post which owners get to add which players and then I'll open up the add/drops.

I won't open any of the PM's until after midnight on Tuesday so that I don't get any ideas and put in my own waiver request for any of those players. I'll be PMing my waiver requests to dream and he'll do the same (not opening the PM's until after midnight on Tuesday). This way absolutely noone will know anyone else's waiver requests until the waiver period is over for that weekend.

It sounds complicated but when you think about it it really isn't.

1. I lock the add/drops when the 1st game of the week starts.
2. Everyone PM's me their weekend waiver requests from gametime on Sunday until Tuesday at midnight (or 1AM Wednesday. I PM my weekend waiver requests to dream.
3. Tuesday night after work I open all the weekend waiver request PM's and determine which owners get which players going by their waiver priority. I won't have to wait for dream to open mine because I know who I requested.
4. I'll post which owners get which players and then I'll open the add/drops.
5. Only those owners can pick up those players that were posted.

Sound good?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Waiver Process

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am

CLAIMS - 2007

The claims process should be set correctly in AOL. Please let me know if you run into any issues. I would also ask that all owners to click on the team link on the left and then the My Profile and place a check in the box - 'Allow the commissioner to set your team's claim selections.' This is the only way that a commish can add a claim for you in the event you are not able to get into the site before the designated time. The default is to not have this checked so at this time we cannot add claims for other teams, you have to make your own claims. If you don't want to check the box, thats fine, just know that we can't help make a claim for you
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

2008 intentions

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:03 am

Thought I would get this thread started.

I will not be returning next year. Thanks for the fun year fellas. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2008 intentions

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:21 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Thought I would get this thread started.

I don't blame you. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will be or not but I am having serious doubts. The league is setup cool but it seems like only a handful of teams care or follow it closely. Trash talk is non-existent.

:,-(
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:42 am

Very sorry to hear that TBM. :,-(

As for me...

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:45 am

Jimboozie wrote:

I don't blame you. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will be or not but I am having serious doubts. The league is setup cool but it seems like only a handful of teams care or follow it closely. Trash talk is non-existent.

:,-(

Getting active owners is something that could possibly be fixed in the off season. That could also increase the trash talking, but as you know...I'm just not a trash talker. :-/

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Trash talk is non-existent.

I'll let my team do the talking this weekend }:-)

and for the record I'll be back
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:21 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Trash talk is non-existent.

I'll let my team do the talking this weekend }:-)

and for the record I'll be back

LOL. That reminds me, I've gotta set my lineup! :-o :-o

Good luck to ya! ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:10 am

I will return.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League