keeper / salary league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

keeper / salary league

Moderator: Football Moderators

keeper / salary league

Postby maveric5800 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 pm

I would like to start a keeper / salary league. Currently i'm the commish of a "more for fun" league. We buy in for $100, but it's more for the fun than the money. To keep it more interesting some of the guys are talking about a keeper league, and to be fair making it salary based and auction format.

What i need to know, how are your leagues set with salary and keeper format? Do you have a salary cap all year, and keep up to a % of salary cap in the offseason?

Any info would be greatly appreciated !!!!
maveric5800
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: keeper / salary league

Postby brockretz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:21 pm

I am in 2 different salary type leagues. In one you add a 5yr, 3yr, and 2yr contract every year after the auction with the initial contracts being 5yr, 4yr, (2) 3yr, and (2) 2yr. In this league you pay a 20% cap penalty against the next years cap if you cut a player who has years left on his contract (ex. If you had Reggie Bush at 3yrs remaining and $50 per year and cut him he would cost you $30 off your next seasons cap).

The other one I am in, you can add (2) 4yr or (2) 3yr contracts after the auction and as many 2yr or 1yr deals as you want. In this league all contracts are 100% guaranteed, meaning if you cut a 4yr contract in year 1 your on the hook for 3 years yet.

Hope this helps you.
brockretz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:51 am

maveric5800 wrote:I would like to start a keeper / salary league. Currently i'm the commish of a "more for fun" league. We buy in for $100, but it's more for the fun than the money. To keep it more interesting some of the guys are talking about a keeper league, and to be fair making it salary based and auction format.

What i need to know, how are your leagues set with salary and keeper format? Do you have a salary cap all year, and keep up to a % of salary cap in the offseason?

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Most of the salary cap leagues I've been in were/are dynasty leagues, but I'm in one salary cap/keeper league. We had an initial draft that was an auction. Our salary cap was $1000. During the season the cap really doesn't matter. We are given another $1000 for blind-bidding on FA's throughout the year. If you don't bid one week or run out of money during the season, you can still pick up FA's after the bidding is done for the week.

In the offseason we can declare up to 3 keepers. 1 keeper gets the franchise tag and you get to keep them at their current salary. 2 keepers get the transition tag. Other owners can bid higher on these players, starting at their current salary. Then the original owner can either match or let the player go. Once all the keepers are sorted out (max 3), we'll have another auction with a cap of $1000 to fill this years team...and the process repeats.

I hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby jimmy bigg time » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
maveric5800 wrote:I would like to start a keeper / salary league. Currently i'm the commish of a "more for fun" league. We buy in for $100, but it's more for the fun than the money. To keep it more interesting some of the guys are talking about a keeper league, and to be fair making it salary based and auction format.

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Most of the salary cap leagues I've been in were/are dynasty leagues, but I'm in one salary cap/keeper league. We had an initial draft that was an auction. Our salary cap was $1000. During the season the cap really doesn't matter. We are given another $1000 for blind-bidding on FA's throughout the year. If you don't bid one week or run out of money during the season, you can still pick up FA's after the bidding is done for the week.

In the offseason we can declare up to 3 keepers. 1 keeper gets the franchise tag and you get to keep them at their current salary. 2 keepers get the transition tag. Other owners can bid higher on these players, starting at their current salary. Then the original owner can either match or let the player go. Once all the keepers are sorted out (max 3), we'll have another auction with a cap of $1000 to fill this years team...and the process repeats.

Where do u have your league at? I was wanting to start up a keeper salary league and couldn't find any good sites. please any help

thanks
-jim
jimmy bigg time
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 02, 2009 1:25 am

jimmy bigg time wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Where do u have your league at? I was wanting to start up a keeper salary league and couldn't find any good sites. please any help

thanks
-jim

Hey Jim. Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

We use MFL (myfantasyleague.com) for that league. It's a pay site, but definitely worth it for complex leagues like that. It's the best pay site that I've ever used for FF. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Commissioner's Corner