"Eagles WR Corps as good as any in the league" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Philadelphia Eagles

"Eagles WR Corps as good as any in the league"

Moderator: Football Moderators

"Eagles WR Corps as good as any in the league"

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 am

Posting for myself here as I don't think this forum is getting a lot of reads, but anyway...

Bad sign yesterday is that Andy Reid claimed his WR Corps is as good as any other in the league. That does not bode well for our quest to get Boldin nor does it bode well for pacifying McNabb.

Excerpt from the Philadelphia Inquirer:
Reid's interview. Coach Andy Reid said in an interview on the team's Web site yesterday that he thinks his receiving corps is good enough to win a Super Bowl.

"I think it is as you compare it to other teams, the teams that went to the Super Bowl," Reid said. "Now, you've got Larry Fitzgerald, who is the elite of the elite, and to compare him to our guys - I think Larry is probably the finest receiver in the game right now. But I'll put that group up against other receiving groups in this league, especially with Donovan [McNabb] throwing the football and with the type of offense we have throwing the football."

Reid also said he had no plans to change his coaching approach even though recently departed offensive tackle Tra Thomas suggested that the Eagles' coaching staff wasn't feisty enough.

"I am who I am. I do what I do," Reid said. "We've had a little bit of success here. Can I get better at what I do? I'm always going to strive to get better, just like I mention with the players. But I can't change personalities, because players read through that and they're going to think you are putting on a show."

Rest of Article: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2 ... lback.html
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Philadelphia Eagles