My Name is in the Punisher - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Name is in the Punisher

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Name is in the Punisher

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:59 am

Here's something that's pretty awesome, I think. My name, "Joe Malizia" is not very common. So I Googled it one day and found that there is a mafia boss in the APR/MAY 2000 edition of the Punisher, #2 whose name is Joe Malizia. After some time on Ebay, I found it for $3 and $4 shipping.

I must say, it is pretty awesome to see how the artist depicted a guy with my name and then to see the dialogue that follows. It's also cool to see "how I die." Malizia eventually ends up getting pushed out of a moving car at 100 MPH. As he painfully celebrates the fact that he isn't dead, he gets run over by a mack truck.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My Name is in the Punisher

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 am

Rough break on the death...better luck next time, I guess. :-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:32 am

That's pretty cool man, I wanna be a comic book character. Check this out, my buddy holds a small silent auction every year on his birthday he's dubbed "The Libation Foundation Celebration for the Pet Population." This weekend is actually the 5th annual. People bring items, usually art work of some sort either they made or purchased, and people bid silently on the items. All the proceeds go to Greenhill Humane Society. Anyway my buddy is good friends with a guy who is a penciller for DC Comics and he always brings something really cool to auction off. A few years ago I bid on and won a copy of a version of Superman he did for DC that came with a framed original storyboard from the comic book. Pretty cool huh? Well 2 years ago he auctioned off the opportunity for the winning bidder themselves to be drawn into a comic book story. He would use their likeness and their name even! They would probably only be a small side character, like the pizza guy, or the cab driver, but still pretty cool. or I didn't win that item though. :-[
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Thats pretty cool. I googled my name and came up with 15,600,000 hits. I was drafted by the Green Bay Packers 9 years before I was born.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Azrael » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Thats pretty cool. I googled my name and came up with 15,600,000 hits. I was drafted by the Green Bay Packers 9 years before I was born.

I might expect Al Davis to do that.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to General Talk