3. Profit
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anderson vs Quinn

Postby iamgregg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm generally of the opinion that you at least give your current 1st round QB a chance before drafting another 1st round QB. That's a waste of a pick right there.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:30 pm

iamgregg wrote:I'm generally of the opinion that you at least give your current 1st round QB a chance before drafting another 1st round QB. That's a waste of a pick right there.

Yea, leave it up to Cleveland to screw that all up...I remember how ESPN was posting all these little Quinn ads running around in a Browns jersey and everyone acting like it was a match made in heaven, then you only give the guy a few games to prove himself? I mean granted, I've heard from a few sources say scouts don't think he's accurate enough to be a top tier starter in this league among other things, but I surely would of thought he could at least play 8 games before you trade away your "franchise guy".

As far as Anderson, maybe I'm crazy but I thought he would of made alot of sense in Detroit as a stop gap QB...His arm matches up well with that offense and perfect with Calvin, DA knew how to get it deep to Braylon, and he still did it well last year even when Braylon was dropping everything...I would like to think a 3rd would get it done, so you can take Jason Smith at #1, defense with the next two selections, and build the O-line after that.

He's not a franchise QB by any means, but he certainly can get the ball to the playmakers, and wouldn't cost too much...I think he's gotten a bad rap considering how things went last year, but he's a serviceable QB that makes sense for a few teams...I know it probably won't happen but I honestly think he could be a great starter in Tampa Bay, hooked up with K2 again and Bryant? He's proven he's good enough to do it, someone should come calling.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DemonDeacon » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
iamgregg wrote:I'm generally of the opinion that you at least give your current 1st round QB a chance before drafting another 1st round QB. That's a waste of a pick right there.

Yea, leave it up to Cleveland to screw that all up...I remember how ESPN was posting all these little Quinn ads running around in a Browns jersey and everyone acting like it was a match made in heaven, then you only give the guy a few games to prove himself? I mean granted, I've heard from a few sources say scouts don't think he's accurate enough to be a top tier starter in this league among other things, but I surely would of thought he could at least play 8 games before you trade away your "franchise guy".

As far as Anderson, maybe I'm crazy but I thought he would of made alot of sense in Detroit as a stop gap QB...His arm matches up well with that offense and perfect with Calvin, DA knew how to get it deep to Braylon, and he still did it well last year even when Braylon was dropping everything...I would like to think a 3rd would get it done, so you can take Jason Smith at #1, defense with the next two selections, and build the O-line after that.

He's not a franchise QB by any means, but he certainly can get the ball to the playmakers, and wouldn't cost too much...I think he's gotten a bad rap considering how things went last year, but he's a serviceable QB that makes sense for a few teams...I know it probably won't happen but I honestly think he could be a great starter in Tampa Bay, hooked up with K2 again and Bryant? He's proven he's good enough to do it, someone should come calling.

I 100% agree with you and I have a feeling that either Quinn or Anderson will have new homes come draft day. Ive never been sold on Quinn but I was all over the DA bandwagon and still think hes a more than servicable for a lot of teams, especially that one team in Michigan that didnt seem to do so well last year. I'd part with the 33rd overall pick to get DA, I might even give up the 20th... although I'd probably ask for more than just DA. Either way i think DA is a great match with Calvin, big arm, and deceptively accurate as well. Its hard when your WRs are dropping as many balls as they catch. I think DA would be a MINIMUM of a 3 year investment in Detroit and possibly a permanent solution. And unlike Stafford hes actually won in this league
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Not sure if this deserved it's own thread or not but here you go...

PER ROTOWORLD

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles. Apr. 12 - 9:02 am et
Source: National Football Post
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk