Eagles New Fullback Didn't Want to Leave SEA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles New Fullback Didn't Want to Leave SEA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eagles New Fullback Didn't Want to Leave SEA

Postby joejlitz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 pm

New Eagles fullback Leonard Weaver clearly wanted to remain with Seattle, but he says the Seahawks did not want him, at least not for what he is worth. He said no one from the organization contacted him in the offseason to discuss a potential role and did not make him a fair offer.

That, he said, forced him to "resort to this, where I have to make a secondary choice, which I did."

“I’ve connected with so many people on a personal level,” Weaver said in a wide-ranging interview with the Tacoma News-Tribune. “And it’s just been a hard deal knowing that I want to be here and I made that clear to the organization a number of times, and here it is we still can’t get nothing done.

“And now it resorts to this where I have to make a secondary choice, which I did. So it makes it very tough."

Rest of Article:
New Eagle Weaver would have preferred Seattle
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Eagles New Fullback Didn't Want to Leave SEA

Postby biju » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 am

Well, who would *want* to go to Philly? :-b

But seriously...

Leonard Weaver wrote:"I want to let people know, any time you start your career somewhere, of course you would love to stay there," he said. "That's where you started. You've got relationships. But anytime you have an opportunity to go somewhere else where you can excel, I mean that's what you do. And I was very excited. I let Seattle know at that particular time that yeah, when they asked me 'Do you want to stick around?' I told 'em yeah, and this is before free agency even started, but obviously in doing so, you know, we had to definitely make another decision. And we definitely had several other teams, but Philly is the place that I wanted to be."

I hope you guys give him the benefit of the doubt and watch him play before letting the media make controversy out of nothing. This guy plays hard and one stiff arm from Leonard Weaver "The Face Cleaver" will force you to root for him. I know I'm disappointed we didn't keep him, but we have to give Owen Schmitt (another tough FB) his shot.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:33 pm

no worries for him. The Philly media is on his side. They ran a nice article on him today clearing up the story and saying he did want to be in Philly, but always figured he retire as a seahawk.

Trust me, if he plays hard, Philly fans will love him. That's all we expect.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 pm

I can't wait to see Weaver play. After the crap we had at fullback last year, Weaver is a significant upgrade.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:25 am

joejlitz wrote:no worries for him. The Philly media is on his side. They ran a nice article on him today clearing up the story and saying he did want to be in Philly, but always figured he retire as a seahawk.

Trust me, if he plays hard, Philly fans will love him. That's all we expect.

I gotta agree with that last statement. It really is the truth!
eagles21 wrote:I can't wait to see Weaver play. After the crap we had at fullback last year, Weaver is a significant upgrade.

I totally agree with that one as well. If Weaver is any upgrade at all, and Andrews gets back into the line up, I think Westbrook goes back to another very productive season. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 am

Thank you, Seattle!

Gotta love Weaver. He has been awesome for us since Westbrook went out. Who knew a fulback could be relevant in the NFL? Who knew Andy Reid would actually give the football to a fullback?

Rock on, Weaver.

Nice Article after his 100-yard outing:

Philadelphia Daily News
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:26 am

Leonard Weaver made the Pro Bowl. What a lot of fun this guy has been to watch play the game. He came up big time clutch when Westbrook went out. It's nice to know we got a guy like this for the playoff run.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Philadelphia Eagles