Pay toilets on airplanes??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pay toilets on airplanes???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pay toilets on airplanes???

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Ryanair chief defends on-board toilet charge
Tue Mar 24, 12:02 PM

MADRID (AFP) - The head of Irish budget airline Ryanair Tuesday defended his plan to charge passengers to use on-board toilets, saying it would lead to "less passenger inconvenience" during flights.

Ryanair Chief Executive Michael O'Leary revealed last month the carrier was looking at the possibility of installing toilet doors in its planes which would only open with the insertion of a one pound coin (1.10 euros, 1.40 dollars).

"In our discussions with (aircraft maker) Boeing they haven't yet been able to manufacture a toilet door that will take coins in it," he told a news conference in Madrid Tuesday.

"But I think it's a logical development, if you use the toilet for example in train stations in England you pay to use the toilets. I don't see any reason why people on board an aircraft wouldn't pay to use the toilet."

He said the on-board charge would mean more passengers would use the toilets at airports, and would lead to "less passenger inconvenience on board the aircraft."

con't...

rest of article: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090324/o ... ir_offbeat
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pay toilets on airplanes???

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:55 pm

What the hell? Isn't the cost of toilet use during a flight part of the ticket price? That really bothers me. :-[
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 am

This is my favorite quote:

Ryanair chief defends on-board toilet charge wrote:"We will charge for every possible thing we can think to charge for, but it will always be the passengers' choice whether they pay it or don't pay it," he said.

First the toilets, next the air in the cabin.....

This man is knucklehead.....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:56 am

Let's get a checklist going of everything he could possibly charge his passengers for. We have toilets already, I'm sure his snacks aren't complimentary, you could have a bar across the seats so you have to pay just to sit down. It can have a weight sensor so every time you get up the bar slaps back down and you have to pay again. If you get sick the bags shouldn't be free, and any reading material should probably be expensive, not just a nominal fee. What else is there? I mean, there's an endless amount of fees you could charge for whatever you want. Fuel charges, gratuities for the flight attendants, pilot's airtime, etc. The possibilities are endless.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Let's get a checklist going of everything he could possibly charge his passengers for. We have toilets already, I'm sure his snacks aren't complimentary, you could have a bar across the seats so you have to pay just to sit down. It can have a weight sensor so every time you get up the bar slaps back down and you have to pay again. If you get sick the bags shouldn't be free, and any reading material should probably be expensive, not just a nominal fee. What else is there? I mean, there's an endless amount of fees you could charge for whatever you want. Fuel charges, gratuities for the flight attendants, pilot's airtime, etc. The possibilities are endless.

All of which should be included in the ticket price. If the airline feels they aren't making enough money just raise the price of the ticket. Don't put a freaking toll on the damn toilet. :-[
Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

i think i was ever in that situation i'd claim i had no money and piss (or drop a deuce) on the floor
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I think I just found a new use for the barf bag. And I'm sure Sky Mall would suffice for clean up. ;-)

But seriously... where do they draw the line? "In the event of a loss of cabin pressure, please swipe your credit card in the overhead slot and an oxygen mask will deploy. Your card will be charged an initial deployment fee of $9.99, and an additional $5.99 per minute while oxygen is being delivered. In the event of a water landing, you may purchase a flotation device from the vending machines located conveniently next to each emergency exit."
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i think i was ever in that situation i'd claim i had no money and piss (or drop a deuce) on the floor

Exactly. Those doors will last until some passenger has diahrea and no money to keep going back to the toilet. Once some puts a Cleveland Steamer in the aisle, the airline would go back to free toilets.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i think i was ever in that situation i'd claim i had no money and piss (or drop a deuce) on the floor

Exactly. Those doors will last until some passenger has diahrea and no money to keep going back to the toilet. Once some puts a Cleveland Steamer in the aisle, the airline would go back to free toilets.

A "Cleveland Steamer" would involve a little more than simply pooping in the aisle. :-b

Check your Urban Dictionary. :-D
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Metroid wrote:A "Cleveland Steamer" would involve a little more than simply pooping in the aisle. :-b

Check your Urban Dictionary. :-D

wasn't gunna say anything, but ... :-b
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to General Talk