Pay toilets on airplanes??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pay toilets on airplanes???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pay toilets on airplanes???

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:A "Cleveland Steamer" would involve a little more than simply pooping in the aisle. :-b

Check your Urban Dictionary. :-D

wasn't gunna say anything, but ... :-b

Wow. Did not realize all of the mechanics involved. 8-o
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm

joejlitz wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:A "Cleveland Steamer" would involve a little more than simply pooping in the aisle. :-b

Check your Urban Dictionary. :-D

wasn't gunna say anything, but ... :-b

Wow. Did not realize all of the mechanics involved. 8-o

Yeah I didn't think so...pretty gross huh? :-{ :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:30 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I think I just found a new use for the barf bag.

That was my first thought.

I could see the beancounters now: "Gosh, Fred... toilet revenues are up, but how come people are getting sick more often?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 am

This is rediculous and pisses me off. Fly Southwest.

If you are prairie doggin it and have to go that should be part of the ticket price. Just wait until someone craps in the aisle. Stewardess: What are you doing? The bathroom is back there. Customer: The bathroom was too expensive. I found a cheaper way to accomplish the same task.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:07 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Let's get a checklist going of everything he could possibly charge his passengers for. We have toilets already, I'm sure his snacks aren't complimentary, you could have a bar across the seats so you have to pay just to sit down. It can have a weight sensor so every time you get up the bar slaps back down and you have to pay again. If you get sick the bags shouldn't be free, and any reading material should probably be expensive, not just a nominal fee. What else is there? I mean, there's an endless amount of fees you could charge for whatever you want. Fuel charges, gratuities for the flight attendants, pilot's airtime, etc. The possibilities are endless.

All of which should be included in the ticket price. If the airline feels they aren't making enough money just raise the price of the ticket. Don't put a freaking toll on the damn toilet. :-[

Personally if it's a choice between another rise in ticket cost or a toll on the toilet I am all for the toll. I take my dump at home or in the airport before I leave, and everyone else can damn well do so as well if the toll is too much for them - why should every passenger on the plane have to pay the increase for those who can't hold it for whatever the length of the flight?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Let's get a checklist going of everything he could possibly charge his passengers for. We have toilets already, I'm sure his snacks aren't complimentary, you could have a bar across the seats so you have to pay just to sit down. It can have a weight sensor so every time you get up the bar slaps back down and you have to pay again. If you get sick the bags shouldn't be free, and any reading material should probably be expensive, not just a nominal fee. What else is there? I mean, there's an endless amount of fees you could charge for whatever you want. Fuel charges, gratuities for the flight attendants, pilot's airtime, etc. The possibilities are endless.

All of which should be included in the ticket price. If the airline feels they aren't making enough money just raise the price of the ticket. Don't put a freaking toll on the damn toilet. :-[

Personally if it's a choice between another rise in ticket cost or a toll on the toilet I am all for the toll. I take my dump at home or in the airport before I leave, and everyone else can damn well do so as well if the toll is too much for them - why should every passenger on the plane have to pay the increase for those who can't hold it for whatever the length of the flight?

I hear what you're saying and that's fine if you're on shorter flights but what about a 7 hour flight from New York to Paris? Or a 14 hour flight from L.A. to Sydney? Or a 15 hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong? Or a 19 hour flight from Singapore to Newark N.J. !?!? You telling me you're just going to hold that whiz or duce for anywhere from 7 to 19 hours? 8-o
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:07 am

Metroid wrote:I hear what you're saying and that's fine if you're on shorter flights but what about a 7 hour flight from New York to Paris? Or a 14 hour flight from L.A. to Sydney? Or a 15 hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong? Or a 19 hour flight from Singapore to Newark N.J. !?!? You telling me you're just going to hold that whiz or duce for anywhere from 7 to 19 hours? 8-o

I remember hearing a story from somewhere in Asia. Some annual pilgrammage or something where people are way over packed on trains for a lenghty trip. Since there were so many people and only a couple bathrooms, they started using adult undergarments to address that issue. Bet that train smelled nasty by the time they reached their destination :-P
Last edited by scottaa1 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited cuz I can't type today
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Just go man.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Ryanair chief defends on-board toilet charge
Tue Mar 24, 12:02 PM

MADRID (AFP) - The head of Irish budget airline Ryanair Tuesday defended his plan to charge passengers to use on-board toilets, saying it would lead to "less passenger inconvenience" during flights.

Metroid wrote:I hear what you're saying and that's fine if you're on shorter flights but what about a 7 hour flight from New York to Paris? Or a 14 hour flight from L.A. to Sydney? Or a 15 hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong? Or a 19 hour flight from Singapore to Newark N.J. !?!? You telling me you're just going to hold that whiz or duce for anywhere from 7 to 19 hours?

From the bolded part of the article above I doubt too many people are going on long flights with this airline anyway. Sounds more like a commuter plane type company with short flights in Ireland and in or around Europe. All I'm saying is I've had the misfortune of getting seated in the aisle seat of the last row on the airplane once, and I'd have appreciated it if the 543 people who decided they absolutely couldn't hold it for the 2 hours we were airborne would have had to pay a fee for the constant elbows to the back of the head I got whenever one of those retards opened the bathroom door too quickly. !+) :-[

I think the one thing nobody here is taking into account is that this proposal is being made in a place where people are already accustomed to paying for this service in some public locations - it's not like this is a totally foreign concept to them.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:01 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Ryanair chief defends on-board toilet charge
Tue Mar 24, 12:02 PM

MADRID (AFP) - The head of Irish budget airline Ryanair Tuesday defended his plan to charge passengers to use on-board toilets, saying it would lead to "less passenger inconvenience" during flights.

Metroid wrote:I hear what you're saying and that's fine if you're on shorter flights but what about a 7 hour flight from New York to Paris? Or a 14 hour flight from L.A. to Sydney? Or a 15 hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong? Or a 19 hour flight from Singapore to Newark N.J. !?!? You telling me you're just going to hold that whiz or duce for anywhere from 7 to 19 hours?

From the bolded part of the article above I doubt too many people are going on long flights with this airline anyway. Sounds more like a commuter plane type company with short flights in Ireland and in or around Europe. All I'm saying is I've had the misfortune of getting seated in the aisle seat of the last row on the airplane once, and I'd have appreciated it if the 543 people who decided they absolutely couldn't hold it for the 2 hours we were airborne would have had to pay a fee for the constant elbows to the back of the head I got whenever one of those retards opened the bathroom door too quickly. !+) :-[

I think the one thing nobody here is taking into account is that this proposal is being made in a place where people are already accustomed to paying for this service in some public locations - it's not like this is a totally foreign concept to them.

Good points. I'd just hate for other airlines with longer flights to start following suit.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk