Does Anyone Still Buy a Newspaper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does Anyone Still Buy a Newspaper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Anyone Still Buy a Newspaper?

Uh-huh
61%
Nope
39%

Total votes : 23

Re: Does Anyone Still Buy a Newspaper?

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:TP is definately not an area i will skimp...i'm pretty partial to Charmin Ultra, although we did get some Quilted Northern on sale and it's tolerable. i'm pretty convinced my wife uses about 500% more than she needs to though so we go through it pretty quick so i usually wait for sales. she also always puts it on backwards...i'm an Over The Top kind of guy and she likes it to Hang Under

sometimes my local grocery store (Kroger) sends me customized coupons too for stuff i buy a lot...i've gotten them for free bacon, free water and other good deals as well. i mean what can be better than free bacon

i'm pretty much a whore and will take any advantage of free money that i can...like pimping myself out for market research and stuff like that

Ditto... Charmin Ultra is the best. And TP has to hang over the top, it's state law, look it up. My main store prints coupons on the back of the receipt for items I buy alot of. Pet food, etc.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:TP is definately not an area i will skimp...i'm pretty partial to Charmin Ultra, although we did get some Quilted Northern on sale and it's tolerable. i'm pretty convinced my wife uses about 500% more than she needs to though so we go through it pretty quick so i usually wait for sales. she also always puts it on backwards...i'm an Over The Top kind of guy and she likes it to Hang Under

sometimes my local grocery store (Kroger) sends me customized coupons too for stuff i buy a lot...i've gotten them for free bacon, free water and other good deals as well. i mean what can be better than free bacon

i'm pretty much a whore and will take any advantage of free money that i can...like pimping myself out for market research and stuff like that

Ditto... Charmin Ultra is the best. And TP has to hang over the top, it's state law, look it up. My main store prints coupons on the back of the receipt for items I buy alot of. Pet food, etc.

Yep, agree on all accounts ;-D
We go through a ton too Dan...mostly the wife and she is a hang under and I'm always switching them :^
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:36 pm

Don't have to buy it, it's free in our small town - comes out once a week and it's usually all of 12 pages! If I still lived in the big city I would buy a paper (for a while I used to buy the paper from the big city after I left, but now I just don't care what happens there any more). I read lots of papers online for the NFL news.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 pm

Metroid wrote:Butt wipe I can go middle of the road on, I used to be a "need the highest quality, softest paper" sort of guy but I realized I didn't really need it. It's literally throwing money down the crapper. I can't do the single ply though, I hate when a finger tears through the paper during a wipe and you get a stink finger.

Try using newspaper ;-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Butt wipe I can go middle of the road on, I used to be a "need the highest quality, softest paper" sort of guy but I realized I didn't really need it. It's literally throwing money down the crapper. I can't do the single ply though, I hate when a finger tears through the paper during a wipe and you get a stink finger.

Try using newspaper ;-D

That's a good idea. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm

dream_017 wrote:I also purchased a newspaper the day each of my boys were born. I have them tucked away to give them at a later date (I've also purchased one each year on their B-day).

Me too. I also bought papers in Colombia when the U.S. hostages were rescued from the FARC and when the FARC leader got killed - big time news there.

Oh! And when it reported about the earthquake I lived through. Scary! :-*
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Geez! I go away for 12 hours or so and my newspaper thread turns into a TP thread! What the heck! :-b

1st of all, you guys are all wrong. The best TP is the kind with Aloe in it (if you don't know you betta 'aks' somebody). I usually buy Charmin with Aloe but my wife switched to Cottonelle with Aloe because it was cheaper and I didn't notice, so it must be just as good.

2nd - for knappic, I can't remember the big word you used in an earlier thread, but I love to read an actual paper because it's tradition, I guess. Also, because I get tired of looking at a screen all day (I do it for work, I sit in front of the TV, I'm on this godforsaken website 4 hours a day).

As for the MOST UPDATED NEWS, I like the internet, but the most enjoyable part of the paper for me is the editorials and in the sports section, the analysis pieces, which someone said earlier - it doesn't matter if you read it right away. You can read it at anytime.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:06 pm

joejlitz wrote:
dream_017 wrote:I also purchased a newspaper the day each of my boys were born. I have them tucked away to give them at a later date (I've also purchased one each year on their B-day).

Me too. I also bought papers in Colombia when the U.S. hostages were rescued from the FARC and when the FARC leader got killed - big time news there.

Jeez, this is really gonna date me but I saved the papers from when JFK and RFK were assassinated; when Winston Churhill died; and when man first walked on the moon!
Last edited by stomperrob on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:33 pm

stomperrob wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

Jeez, this is really gonna date me but I saved the papers from when JFK and RFK were assassinated; when Winston Churhill died; and when man first walked on the moon!

My mommy says I'm not allowed to play with anyone your age. :-/
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:35 pm

stomperrob wrote:Jeez, this is really gonna date me but I saved the papers from when JFK and RFK were assassinated; when Winston Churhill died; and when man first walked on the moon!

That's cool. I'd love to have originals of those historical moments. I used to browse around the BBC website, they have (or at least used to have) 'this date in history' articles. It was interesting to look up dates and read not only the 'current' news articles from it but also to appreciate the historical perspective of it. Studying the outcome of WWII is one thing; reading what the journalist wrote while V1 and V2 rockets were hitting London is something else indeed.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk