Small towns are cool!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Small towns are cool!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Small towns are cool!!!

Postby Guru13 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

dream_017 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:now I could be wrong...but I have to say that guy on the left doesn't look like he should be wearing a receiver's number.

TE :-?

Must not do much runnin' routes. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:41 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:now I could be wrong...but I have to say that guy on the left doesn't look like he should be wearing a receiver's number.

TE :-?

I would say he's more of a blocking TE yes. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:TE :-?

I would say he's more of a blocking TE yes. :-b

Well, if it's a picture from this year, he's a........K 8-o

They don't even have a TE :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Speaking of Portland, I haven't been since I was a kid, but it looks like I'll be spending a weekend there at the end of the month, what are some things worth checking out?

I haven't been here that long so I'm not fully up to speed on all there is to do but if you like beer...well who doesn't like beer? Check out McMenamins, they have great beer and very reasonably priced good food. They have a butt load of locations and each one is unique. They all have the same beer, but the menus vary from location to location, and the ambiance varies greatly. I don't know why they don't break down their pub locations at least by city on their site, but my favorite I've been to so far is probably The Blue Moon. The Kennedy School is really cool too, actually used to be a grade school. If you want to catch a movie, and have a beer and some pizza while you do, check out the Bagdad Theater that place is awesome. If you are an old Deadhead, or were ever into the 60's-70's counter-culture, you should check out The Barley Mill, the place just oozes "hippie." Both the Bagdad and The Barley Mill are on historic Hawthorne St. too. Man...really you could form a whole trip just around McMenamins. There are a bunch of other locations in Portland, and I have never had a bad experience at any of them. You could just do a little research and find a location nearest to you.

Like I said I haven't been here long so my knowledge of whats to do is limited. There are some great art, natural history, and Oregon history museums if you're into that, and OMSI is pretty cool. If you're into basketball you could try to catch a Blazers game, though it'll probably be playoffs time by then so good luck with that. I'll keep an eye and ear out for events and ask some friends who have been here a while what's up. ;-D

I'll definitely be checking out as many microbreweries as I can, and McMenamins will almost certainly get a visit. I'm hoping the Blazers have a home playoff game the weekend I'm in town. If so, I get in free, so ticket availability or cost isn't a concern. God bless the press pass.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I'll definitely be checking out as many microbreweries as I can, and McMenamins will almost certainly get a visit. I'm hoping the Blazers have a home playoff game the weekend I'm in town. If so, I get in free, so ticket availability or cost isn't a concern. God bless the press pass.

Well there you go! If you have a plus one, I know a guy who would love to go. :-B

For Breweries there's also the Lauralwood Brewery and Hop Works. You could basically just Google 'Portland Breweries.' ;-)

My lady recommended checking out The Portland Classical Chinese Garden. Also the Saturday Market starts in downtown Portland this weekend, lot's of good food and stuff there. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk