Help- A.Smith, Staley, and Dunn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help- A.Smith, Staley, and Dunn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help- A.Smith, Staley, and Dunn

Postby Petey » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:21 pm

I pretty much got screwed when it comes to rb's and qb's but got the 2 best wr (Moss and Owens) So please give me some input on who to start: 1Qb and 2Rb's- I have:

Antowain Smith-rb
Duce Staley-rb
Warrick Dunn-rb

Tim Couch-qb
Jay Fiedler-qb
Shane Matthews-qb

What do you guys think?
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:29 pm

fiedler smith and staley for now... untill couch and matthews show what they may be worth...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Starters

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:49 pm

I would trade Owens for a solid RB. Most teams will give you a really nice RB. You certainly are screwed at QB and RB. Depth at WR won't win you a title. If you're sticking to this team, Start Smith and Staley for week one. I would start Couch over all of them, he'll have a great year if he stays healthy. Good luck.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby n_tremain23 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:25 pm

Smith and Staley at RB.Fiedler at QB.Mathews may not have much fantasy value,Dunn could have a really good year,so you may be startin him halfway in the season if not earlier.
n_tremain23

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:47 pm

good idea trentvaughn. if ur backup wrs are at all decent trade owens for the best rb u can get.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:06 pm

Thanks for the input. I start 3 wr and like I said I have Moss and Owens. Then I was planning on Curtis Conway as #3. My backups at wr are Peerless Price, Dez White, Todd Pinkston, and Reggie Wayne. If I try to trade Owens, who do you think I could get? I'm thinking maybe Mcallister, Martin, Dillon or George. Then if I can pull that off who should I start at #3wr?
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

who to start

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:07 pm

First thing try to trade a reciever you might get two quality backs for one of those recievers. Second start matthews the skins are going to throw the ball which is good for you. If you go with your back smith and dunn is what i would do.

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:13 pm

price

set ur standards high at first. i bet u lots of guys will want to trade for a big name like owens.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Trade for Owens

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:56 pm

You want Eddie George, Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin. You might not get it, but that's who you want. If you can start three WR and you have those two studs, you could stand pat. It wouldn't be my recommendation. Eddie George is going to be the hot back this year, and with good reason. His team is better, and he's healthy.

Conway isn't a good three only because of Drew Brees. Dez White will be a nice two receiver if he get's to play in Chicago with their 1800 receivers. Price will have a nice season, a big target for Bledsoe to throw to. Pinkston is inconsistent, fast, and brittle. Good luck with him, he can put up numbers. Reggie Wayne still isn't 100% healthy, but he's got all the tools of a top-flight WR.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk