Fallout: Belated April Fools? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Fallout: Belated April Fools?

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Fallout: Belated April Fools?

Postby WebHamster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 am

This thread contains comments on Jeff LaGrassa's Article "Fallout: Belated April Fools?", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on April 3, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fallout: Belated April Fools?

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Good work Lung. ;-D

So have these detailed mini bios at the end of the articles always been like this? :-?

Jeff LaGrassa is a Steelers fan and a Cafe regular. He is also a scholar of Grateful Dead music and enjoys breaking it down as one would with fantasy football statistics. He also enjoys disc golf, skiing, and playing the electric bass. You can catch him posting in the Cafe forums as The Lung.

I didn't know you got funky on the bass Jeff, right on. B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Yea, I've been playing bass for about 15 years. I play a Carvin 5-string through a Hartke 5000 preamp and Gallien-Kreuger 410T cabinet. I get together with buddies once every other month or so. We either play classic rock covers or just jam and make up our own stuff. Our original stuff is mostly jam rock, although sometimes we strive for Primus-like weirdness where I get to pop & slap a bit. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:36 pm

The Lung wrote:Yea, I've been playing bass for about 15 years. I play a Carvin 5-string through a Hartke 5000 preamp and Gallien-Kreuger 410T cabinet. I get together with buddies once every other month or so. We either play classic rock covers or just jam and make up our own stuff. Our original stuff is mostly jam rock, although sometimes we strive for Primus-like weirdness where I get to pop & slap a bit. ;-D

Love me some Les Claypool. B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 pm

I agreed with everything except the part about downgrading all the Denver WR's just because of Cutler...There was no mention of McDaniels pass happy offense coming in and how he makes average QB's look stellar, and how the WR's will get plenty of balls thrown their way...The same system that made guys like Jabar Gaffney and countless others look better then they really were.

I'd knock Marshall down some, but Royal is going to be a big beneficiary especially if he plays the Welker type role in this offense...Really it wouldn't matter as he's a great route runner, and will get plenty of targets, I see his numbers increasing either way just because of the offense they are running and his skill sets fits perfectly with what they want to do.

Eddie Royal is a perfect guy to buy low on in dynasties IMHO, he's got a shot to catch 100 balls I think if Marshall misses 4 games or so, so I wouldn't worry too much about him...Things aren't looking really good for Marshall in 09 though, which is why Royal has been rising up my board.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Excellent points LS2throwed but I still stand by the premise that WRs almost always lose value and put up poorer stats with a lesser QB throwing to them, no matter what system is in place. And it cannot be argued that there is a huge dropoff in QB quality from Jay Cutler to Kyle Orton / Chris Simms.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Very true, and they may not reach the 600 or so pass attempts they did last year either...For the sake of Marshall and Royal owners all I can do is hope Sanchez ends up going to Denver to give them a decent option at QB sooner or later.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer