Chicago Bears Greg Olsen and Jay Cutler already on the same - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears Greg Olsen and Jay Cutler already on the same

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chicago Bears Greg Olsen and Jay Cutler already on the same

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Chicago Bears Greg Olsen and Jay Cutler already on the same page
By Vaughn McClure

The buzz about Jay Cutler continues to grow, and the Bears' offense suddenly looks more potent as the 2009 season approaches.

Of course, landing another receiver is a top priority. But as Cutler said during his introductory press conference, the Bears have weapons. Cutler compared tight end Greg Olsen to Tony Scheffler, a target he had in Denver last season. Scheffler had 40 receptions for 645 yards in 13 games last season. Olsen had 54 catches for 574 yards in 16 games.

Olsen expressed mutual respect for his new quarterback following the press conference.

"I really don't know much about him except that he's a great quarterback," Olsen said. "We expect him to come in and do what he's done over the past couple of years, because it's worked. He's one of the top guys at his position in the league. We just want him to continue to do that. And we have to do our part to take some of that pressure off of him."

Someone asked Cutler about being the "savior" of the franchise, and he said he didn't view himself in that manner. Olsen was asked about the lofty expectations of his new teammate.

"The whole savior thing, that is what it is. But I do think people are genuinely excited,'' Olsen said. "I think they should be. It's probably almost unprecedented for a guy that is 25, coming off a Pro Bowl year, to be available to come play for your team. It's definitely something that you have to enjoy.''

Olsen had more to say about Cutler, and a snippet about marriage, on his personal blog.

Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Chicago Bears