RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball

Moderator: Football Moderators

RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball

Postby The Lung » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 am

So much hoopla about Opening Day. Blah Blah Blah. Yawn.

Anyone else in the same boat?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:37 am

no
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:11 am

Baseball - 15 minutes of action crammed in to 3 hours! ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 am

Is today opening day?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

The Lung wrote:So much hoopla about Opening Day. Blah Blah Blah. Yawn.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:53 am

I'll be the odd man out and say I'm pretty geeked about Opening Day. I'm very much NOT happy about Derek Lowe pitching eight innings of two-hit baseball, since it puts me in a hole already in my $$$ league. Buttmunch.

Baseball means spring to me, and I hate winter with a passion. I especially hate cold days in late March and in April when it should be warm. Opening Day means that this ridiculous weather is close to over, and we can get back into a real life not cramped in the house. The flowers will grow soon, the garden can get started, and the smells of spring are just around the corner.

The sport of baseball is fun, too. I've always liked the game. It's a nice counterpoint to the speed of football. It's lazy and it's comfortable. You can't beat an afternoon or evening at the ballpark with the guys. Beer, brats, plenty of time to talk about sports or the girl five rows down on the right. When you're at a football game you're just watching the game. There's very little time to hang out, chit-chat, or do anything social. Baseball is that social sport that America needs.

EDIT - Lung... what is the "RC" on the title? I'm probably the only one not understanding that... :-B
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:02 am

RC = Roll Call. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:16 am

I'm not a big baseball fan but I enjoy the game live and I like playing it. I can understand the excitement for opening day from the standpoint that it signals the start of spring, but I don't understand the excitement for the start of the season itself, that's because the season is SOOO long. I'd be more excited for the games after the All Star break, after they already played half their games. To me that's when the season starts. :-?
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 am

There are no other sports going on that I care about at all at this time. I live and breathe for football, and my second favorite sport is volleyball. Those seasons run concurrently, so when they're done, I have this huge black hole of sports from February - March. It's awful. Basketball is completely uninteresting to me unless it's international play, so Opening Day of baseball announces the first interesting competitive sport for me in two months.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:20 pm

I hear ya, and like I said I like baseball enough I just have a hard time following it. I think for me I have a hard time watching and enjoying baseball games for what they are...a single game. What I mean is in football I'm evaluating the entire season of the teams in the game I'm watching, every game means something and there are implications in every win and every loss. The same really cannot be said about baseball. I guess my problem is in actually comparing football and baseball. I dunno if that made any sense at all. :-B

I do like basketball or more specifically college basketball so that helps to carry me over in the off season. I watch a little NBA but not really much until the end of the season and playoffs, pretty much for the same reason I don't watch baseball until the end of the season and playoffs. :-?
Metroid

Next

Return to General Talk