RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RC: Couldn't freaking care less about baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:19 am

joejlitz wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Also...question...idk if anyone can answer it (I can't either...).

But in hockey (strickly hockey) when is a team defined as "on offense"?
1) Once the team leaves the defensive zone with the puck?
2) Once the team posses the puck?

I thought of that too, but figured it was too nitpicky to bring it up, but since YOU did: I'm no expert, but I believe the defense (including the goalie) can possess the puck. I believe they are considered to be going on offense once they start moving in that direction. Some may say not until they cross their opponent's blue line should they be considered to be on offense. I suppose that's arguable, as well. But with possession in their own zone, in the corner, up against the boards fighting to maintain possession, I think we could easily say that the defense has possession.

A similar argument might be made for soccer, too! :-?

I consider them to be on offense once they fully control the puck. If they're struggling for control in the corner, they aren't on offense, but once they get the puck to themselves, they're on offense in my mind.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 am

Yeah, I could argue either way but I think a good working definton for offense in hockey would be anytime a team is in a position to advance the puck down the ice torwards or into the opposing net.

Which is any complete possesion...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:40 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:He does! He hangs over there so much they made him a Cafeholic on the Dark Side. Omaha, you traitor! :-C :-[ :-t

No, they haven't given me a mug over there yet. :~( !+) :-B

They don't like me over there. Ask anybody. That's why I hang out here. You guys at least tolerate me. :,-( :-D

That is a travishamockery! You're way more of a fixture over there than I am, or Met. I'm sorry... I just assumed.

You and Deeray should be 'holics over there before me. Clearly this is an oversight. I'll put a bug in Amazinz' ear.

yeah i was surprised to get one and see those two didnt have one...still trying to figure out how i got nominated too :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:yeah i was surprised to get one and see those two didnt have one...still trying to figure out how i got nominated too :-b

When Knapp said that earlier, showing how much I pay attention, I had to go find myself on the DarkSide to see if I did actually have a mug. I saddened myself. :,-( Thanks for getting my hopes up Knapp. :~( :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:yeah i was surprised to get one and see those two didnt have one...still trying to figure out how i got nominated too :-b

When Knapp said that earlier, showing how much I pay attention, I had to go find myself on the DarkSide to see if I did actually have a mug. I saddened myself. :,-( Thanks for getting my hopes up Knapp. :~( :-B

It's the Dark Side... WHO CARES??? :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:29 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Ummm, DarkSiders...duh. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:When Knapp said that earlier, showing how much I pay attention, I had to go find myself on the DarkSide to see if I did actually have a mug. I saddened myself. :,-( Thanks for getting my hopes up Knapp. :~( :-B

Ummm, DarkSiders...duh. :-D

It's the Dark Side... WHO THAT MATTERS CARES??? :-b

I'm pretty sure that's what NFL fan was trying to say. :-B ;-7
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk