Are you ready for some football - LFL style - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Are you ready for some football - LFL style

Moderator: Football Moderators

Are you ready for some football - LFL style

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:04 am

Hmm...

Recession or no, Lingerie Football will go on
What we need in these dark times is a symbol of hope.
Written by Scott Feschuk on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 16:40 6

And lo, upon the horizon . . . behold the emblem of our looming recovery, a harbinger of happy times, proof positive that the great nation of America has the capacity to rise, to rally and, yes, to prevail. The financial crisis be damned. Pessimism be damned. Come the fall of 2009, no matter the economic and societal hardship that endures, the Lingerie Football League will be expanding.

You heard me. While others retrench, the Lingerie Football League—better known as either “the LFL” or “What??”—has announced that it will play its first full season with 10 franchises located in cities across the United States. Sexy ladies in their underpants tackling each other for money? You had a nice run, recession.*

Thong-based football has been with us for a number of years now—about five if you go by actual games; about 68 if you go by Warren Beatty’s waking dream state. In fact, the Lingerie Bowl—typically played on pay-per-view during halftime of the National Football League championship—has long been one of the best parts of Super Bowl Sunday, right up there with the part where John Madden eats the losing team.

But now Mitchell S. Mortaza, LFL Chairman & President—about whom I could reveal many details, though none more telling than the fact he refers to himself as Mitchell S. Mortaza, LFL Chairman & President—wants to take it to the next level: the level where dignity goes to die. More teams, more excitement, more skin. I’m no historian but I believe this ambitious strategy carries echoes of Roosevelt’s plan to extract the American economy from depression—the Petticoat Football League. Who can forget that memorable theme song: Are You Ready For Some Ankle?

Mitchell S. Mortaza’s optimism for the future comes on the heels of his league’s darkest hour—the cancellation of this past February’s Lingerie Bowl. Organizers had planned to broadcast the game from a Florida nudist resort, but shut it down upon discovering that the nudists at the nudist resort planned to attend the game . . . in the nude. (I know, who could have seen that coming? Answer: probably only Einstein.)

“The league will not place our fans, players, staff nor partners in a less-than-comfortable environment that would ultimately jeopardize the mainstream perception and reputation of the brand that so many have worked diligently over these past five years to build,” the league’s spokesman, Stephon McMillen, said at the time.

con't...

rest of article: http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/03/31/rece ... ill-go-on/
8-o :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Are you ready for some football - LFL style

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

If they had a Lincoln franchise I'd have season tickets. I'd tell the wife I was volunteering at the orphanage or something. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

knapplc wrote:If they had a Lincoln franchise I'd have season tickets. I'd tell the wife I was volunteering at the orphanage or something. :-b

;-D :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm in 5 LFL fantasy leagues.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I'm in 5 LFL fantasy leagues.

:-b ;-D

I'd watch O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Return to General Talk