St. Louis Rams trade for Atlanta WR Laurent Robinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

St. Louis Rams trade for Atlanta WR Laurent Robinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: St. Louis Rams trade for Atlanta WR Laurent Robinson

Postby iamgregg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 pm

To be fair, 37 catches for 437 yards and a TD in his rookie season on a team that played as bad as Atlanta in 2007 is nothing to be sniffed at, especially from a dynasty standpoint. He was slated to start until he unfortunately got riddled with injury.

For the promise he showed as a rookie this is a bargain, whether you've heard of him or not.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Robinson definately has the talent, this reminds me of a Mark Bradley situation, never got off the ground with Chicago and he's settled in nicely as Kansas City's #2 guy...His last year was rough with the injuries, but from what he showed as a rookie he showed he can certainly play and I don't think STL got a bargain, I think theystole him.

For a team desperate for WR's and needing to draft some, they get Robinson virtually for free, if I'm ATL I'm at least shopping him for a 5th or 6th outright, but to just move up a few rounds not even knowing who will be available is giving him away...I don't think they put much effort into shopping him around, if they were looking for a move up I'd certainly want it to be higher then 5th and 6th round, that's almost pointless.

Anyway I think Robinson will end up being a starter there, and while production wise he may not breakthrough in 09 but if he can get his feet wet in the offense I would expect big things in 2010...This year it will be tough outside of Jackson and Avery to expect many guys to contribute, but Robinson is much more talented then Keenan Burton and that's his only competition at this point.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby iamgregg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Anyway I think Robinson will end up being a starter there, and while production wise he may not breakthrough in 09 but if he can get his feet wet in the offense I would expect big things in 2010...This year it will be tough outside of Jackson and Avery to expect many guys to contribute, but Robinson is much more talented then Keenan Burton and that's his only competition at this point.

Most of that is probably dependant on QB and O-Line play. It was pretty bad last season but I like the moves Rams have made to improve their line and they should draft a franchise tackle to replace Orlando Pace. IF Bulger can stay healthy I'm quietly optimsitic of good fantasy production from guys like Bulger, Avery and Jackson. Here's hoping Robinson takes to St Louis well.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk