Chad Johnson to the Eagles??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson to the Eagles???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chad Johnson to the Eagles???

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am

Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Could Birds have interest in Chad Johnson?
Quick little nugget before we call it a night here at MTC.

ESPN's Michael Smith said on NFL Live tonight that he's hearing the Eagles have interest in Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson.

Rather than paraphrase what Smith is reporting, here's exactly what he said so you can decide for yourself whether this is just a rumor or something more.

"I am hearing there is interest in Chad Johnson," Smith said. "Now there's been some back and forth as to whether or not he is officially on the market. I think everybody in Cincinnati has signed off on moving Chad Johnson except for owner Mike Brown. The Eagles could be in the picture. They have two first-round picks. They need a receiver."

The other name Smith threw out there was Bills offensive tackle Jason Peters.

Our beat guys have mentioned Peters' name in the past, and according to Smith, the Eagles have "engaged in serious discussions" with the Bills about him. Per Smith, those talks could heat up again as the draft approaches.

con't...

rst of article: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Cou ... hnson.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chad Johnson to the Eagles???

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Just came across this one from a few days ago:

Chad-to-Raiders report debunked
By Joe Reedy • jreedy@enquirer.com • April 5, 2009

There have been a lot of rumors and speculation the past week about Chad Ocho Cinco's future with the Bengals.

First, he didn't show up for the beginning of offseason conditioning workouts on Monday. Then, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports on Thursday had a list of 10 players who could be traded before the draft, with Ocho Cinco at No. 2

On Saturday, a blogger on BleacherReport.com reported the Raiders and Bengals are hammering out a trade to send Ocho Cinco to Oakland in exchange for running back Michael Bush and a second-round draft pick.

According to the blogger, Kushy Williams: "I got a quick minute to ask (new Raiders coach Tom) Cable about this trade, and he responded by saying this move makes them more flexible come draft day by taking care of a huge hole on offense."

Williams' report was deubunked by several media outlets, including the Enquirer.

According to the Oakland Tribune, Raiders owner Al Davis does not want to give up on Bush, a third-round pick out of Louisville in 2007.

con't...

rest of article: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... 1066/SPT02
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 pm

A new atmosphere is what he needs. I think the guy can still play and would be an asset to Philly if they can get away with only a 1st rounder.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 am

*SIGH*

I'm torn. Signing TO was like making a deal with the devil. I never thought CJ was a disruptive personality though, like TO was. He just liked to celebrate and dance and get his name in the paper and on Sports Center. But two offseasons ago, he was a thorn in the side of management. He said he wasn't going to report. Lewis told him to be a man of his word and not report. CJ joined the Bengals anyway. Drama, drama, drama. At this point, I think that CJ could really help us get over the hump and maybe back to the SB - especially if we use our draft picks to trade for other help or make important selections in the draft.

But is he worth the headache? Past experience tells me I should be rooting against this, but the situation is just SO different from TO. CJ doesn't appear to be a locker room cancer. He doesn't talk smack about his team mates. He only wants more money and fame. The only thing to consider is he isn't as good as TO anymore.

*SIGH*
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 pm

joejlitz wrote:*SIGH*

I'm torn. Signing TO was like making a deal with the devil. I never thought CJ was a disruptive personality though, like TO was. He just liked to celebrate and dance and get his name in the paper and on Sports Center. But two offseasons ago, he was a thorn in the side of management. He said he wasn't going to report. Lewis told him to be a man of his word and not report. CJ joined the Bengals anyway. Drama, drama, drama. At this point, I think that CJ could really help us get over the hump and maybe back to the SB - especially if we use our draft picks to trade for other help or make important selections in the draft.

But is he worth the headache? Past experience tells me I should be rooting against this, but the situation is just SO different from TO. CJ doesn't appear to be a locker room cancer. He doesn't talk smack about his team mates. He only wants more money and fame. The only thing to consider is he isn't as good as TO anymore.

*SIGH*

Chad Johnson has never been a talent like TO. Chad Johnson was a great WR at one point, but he was never one of the best players in the league. Now he is just a good player IMO, hardly worth multiple picks considering his age and injury history. Ever since Ocho took that one hit that knocked him silly, the guy seems to have lost his edge IMO. You can see it whenever he takes a hard hit now, the guy thinks the defenders are out there trying to end his career. Makes him slower, he hesitates, and he doesn't have that killer instinct he used to. And I think a lot of that goes back to Carson Palmer and his failings. Carson Palmer put this guy in some really bad situations with balls thrown into traffic and balls put on the wrong spot, but Chad Johnson is the type of player that is going to go up and try to get it on every play. After he took that one hit though... guy has seemed a little hesitant and a little slow out there, and that is enough to drop you from one of the great WRs in the game to one of the good WRs in the game. Carson Palmer has had the same damaged personality ever since he took that hit to the knee and has been afraid to step up into the pocket.

Even worse for Chad are the distractions off the field, which originally were a fun and organic sideshow, have spilled out onto the field affecting his game. Ocho Cinco used to be a player with a moviestar attitude, but now the opposite is becoming true. Chad Johnson was a much better player than what Chad Ocho Cinco has shown us. While still very funny, his words just don't back up his play anymore, and his lighthearted attitude has become somewhat bitter. I don't know that I would even trade a first round pick for the guy at this point, unless I wanted to sell tickets. He's a borderline NFL WR1, more of a WR2 at this point. Maybe a championship caliber team who desperately needs any WR to compete would give up a first (hence the Eagles are in the discussion). Anywhere he goes will be better than Cincinnati at this point though. At least McNabb misses into the ground and overthrows you in man coverage, Carson Palmer misses over your head on crossing routes and throws to the wrong spots in zone coverage. Throws into the dirt make you cringe, but throws up high in coverage will land you on"jacked up".
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 am

I have to agree that Chad has never been on the same level as TO. He has also never been the malcontent that TO has, Chad wants to win & loves the game.

Chad also has never been known for elite speed or to be phyisically imposing - but he can flat out play.

He's not exactly a spring chicken, but he's no dinosaur - he's only 31.

I would love to see what he could do in an Eagles uniform - IMO, he would have a very immediate & substantial impact...

He would immediately become the best WR in Philly since TO.

He would only help Desean, Curtis, & the rest of the Philly WR core.

He would give McNabb a legitimate WR 1.

Does anybody really think that TJ really would have put up the numbers he has if 85 wasn't lined up oppisite of him?

He would help Westbrook & the running game by keeping defenses honest.

A 3 reciever set of 85, Desean, and Curtis w/ Westbrook out of the backfield could potentially be absolutely lethal.

Philly does have the luxury of 12 picks this year - including 4 in the top 100, 6 in the top 150, 9 in the top 160 - they do have the ammo to pull this off; as long as the asking price isn't too high.

And, let's face it, 12 picks is nice and all, but Philly's window is closing - they can continue to reload (which they have typically done a pretty decent job), but they didn't sign Samuels last year to start rebuilding & McNabb & Westbrook won't be easy to replace (and they both are getting up there). IMO, Philly is much closer to a Super Bowl then they are to rebuilding - if 85 is available for a reasonable price, I think he pushes them that much closer to a Super Bowl caliber team.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Not going to happen.

We talk about Philly making a trade for a superstar or a playmaker every off-season it seems and it never happens, although the one time they took a chance it got them to the super bowl, that just doesn't seem to be the way they like to go about things...I hear the talk about Jason Peters, Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, but I don't expect them to make any trades and just draft with both of their picks.

They have always struck me as more passive then aggressive, the Eagles are probably more likely to trade one of their 1st back into the 2nd, or trade it away for a pick next year all together then they are to move it for a stud.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dmacblue » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:02 pm

1) Agree with Kensat that T.O. is a far superior player than Chad. Chad was good, but T.O was elite (despite the drops). That said, Chad is more bark than bite with the running his mouth stuff, T.O has disrupted EVERY team he's been on.

2) Although the Bengals could be seen as selling low. I'd jump all over a mid/late 1st round pick from Philly (21st or 28th overall)if that is truly an option. Chad isnt exactly a spring chicken, and the window for success in Cincy has returned to closed after a short unexpected opening in the mid 2000's.

3) Even better is the offer from Raiders of Mike Bush and a 2nd rounder(40th overall!)....I love me some of that offer, once Bush is confirmed as being heathy enough of course.

Having drafted Simpson and Caldwell in 2nd and 3rd last draft we SHOULD be prepared for losing Housh (Coles in) and Chad....but neither of those rookies are looking anything above ordinary to me.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Chad Chad Chad... ;-7 :-b

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dmacblue » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 pm

if Chad freakin Johnson makes the Hall of Fame, I'll nail Janet Reno...and you can quote me on that! :-o

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Next

Return to Football Talk