A thread for Travel Junkies... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A thread for Travel Junkies...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: A thread for Travel Junkies...

Postby Tyeattolah » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 pm

I get to go home two days early from this business trip to Travis AFB, CA (Fairfield area). Being home is almost like a vacation. My next full week at home is the week of 27 July...kinda sucks.

But I get to see a little of the US I haven;t seen before.

Oh to go to London for 3 or 4 days! Maybe I'll do that with all my miles and hotel points in another year or so!

:*)
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 am

Just checking in from the Dominican Republic. Having the time of our lives, the wife and I. I am officially hooked on Snorkeling, and Presidente, the popular beer here. The staff at the resort is Awesome, Friendly , and over accomodating. I will be coming back home tomorrow Saturday morning around 1:00 am. See ya all then, gotta get to the beach (topless) by the way. :-) ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tyeattolah » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am

mrblitz wrote:gotta get to the beach (topless) by the way. :-) ;-D

Sweet! :-D 8-o
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: A thread for those who like to travel...

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:26 am

joejlitz wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Outta here in about 6 hours. :-D

And no... I won't be the geeky loser that spends his entire vacation on the internet.
(That's for work). The question is, is it geeky to check in a couple times a week?
:-? :-b

I know that beach, NFL! To the left are the rock formations that make Cabo so famous. There are also likely to be a ton of sea lions out sunning themselves. My wife and I SCUBA'd right around those rocks - tons of current (drift dive), but the divemaster tried to attract some sea lions in by taking his regulator and blowing bubbles up to the surface. One of them dove in, but swam by in a flash of light. Not a great look, and now nothing but a memory. But a good memory anyway. I saw a great Eagle ray and a white tipped reef shark, too.

As for the computer - I'm not bringing mine at all. I might regret not having it as a source of vacation information, but I doubt it. I leave on 22 JUN!

Just got back. What a nice 2 weeks, but I gotta get some shut-eye so I'll check in with mi homies tomorrow. ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: A thread for those who like to travel...

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:49 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Just got back. What a nice 2 weeks, but I gotta get some shut-eye so I'll check in with mi homies tomorrow. ;-)

pic or the vacation didn't happen. ;-D

Oh and you can leave out the one's of you in your banana hammock. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bmor8811 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 am

Yea no one needs to see this :-D

Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Made it back home about 2:00 Am last nite. I only slept for around 4 hours. But I wanted to thank everyone for all of the helpful hints on what to expect on my first flight ever. I still don't like flying, I don't think that will change. But I can deal with it, if I have to. On the way home, it was dark out, at one point I looked out the window expecting to see nothing, and all I saw was lightning striking violently in random areas below the clouds. Kind of cool, and scary at the same time.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 pm

mrblitz wrote:Made it back home about 2:00 Am last nite. I only slept for around 4 hours. But I wanted to thank everyone for all of the helpful hints on what to expect on my first flight ever. I still don't like flying, I don't think that will change. But I can deal with it, if I have to. On the way home, it was dark out, at one point I looked out the window expecting to see nothing, and all I saw was lightning striking violently in random areas below the clouds. Kind of cool, and scary at the same time.

I never encountered a problem with seeing lightning storms during my flights until this one time landing in Washington DC scared the bejeezus out of me. The landing was delayed for about 20-30 minutes because of a big thunderstorm near or at Dulles and when the plane was at an elevation when we're basically at or just under cloud level, it was scary to see all the strikes trigger around from outside the window. Then, all I remembered was the cabin going dark for a second or two and in that second, the plane plummeted a bit (I guess the plane was struck by lightning). Scary stuff, but thankfully, we got out of that storm and landed in Dulles (which by that time was clear) without a hitch. :-°
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 am

Just got back from the Bahamas. Dana and I stayed at the Sandals Grand Bahamian Resort. It's all-inclusive and it was awesome. After sorting out problems with the room, we were upgraded to a "Junior Suite." Very spacious with a balcony over looking the pool and the ocean. It had a "mini-bar" that wasn't mini at all! Full bottles of Vodka, Rum, Gin, Whiskey (all generic or Bahamian - but all free!), as well as bottles of red and white wine, juices, and cokes.

There were two major pools with swim-up bars where everyone hangs out and the staff runs games and trivia from time to time and several other mini-pools and tons of hot tubs throughout the property. Lots of hammocks, too. There was also a separate island that they ferried us to with another pool bar and more beach. The water was crystal clear and surprisingly not that salty. I could swim with my eyes open for about ten minutes before the salt bothered me and I could see great without goggles or a mask.

The food and the restaurants were awesome and I took the opportunity to try a lot of foods that I don't normally eat. The eggs benedict was so good, I went back and got more the next day. I had rack of lamb that was unbelievably tender. I tasted caviar and escargot (the escargot tasted like mushrooms to me - I wasn't crazy about the caviar).

As for the drinks - we had every fruity thing you could think of - Bahama Mammas, Miami Vices, Tequila Sunrises, Pina Coladas, etc. etc. The bartenders were funny as hell (actually most of the staff was). And they offered my wife a Baby-Maker. I told them hell no! The next day, I said, "No baby-makers!" so the bartender givers her "Octo-mom Juice" instead. :-b

I don't have a lot of great stories because we purposely did not sight-see much. We just spent most of the day at the pool or the beach and most of the nights getting our drink on. They had a piano bar that was fun and dancing and an English-themed pub. I got completely trashed last night and got on stage with the band and danced on stage with them. We watched a wedding while sitting in a hot tub. We also did a couple's massage and a program called "In Each Other's Hands" where they teach you how to massage your wife and vice-versa. The Couples Massage was on the beach and that was awesome because they did it with "lava-shells" that heat up. We could hear the waves crashing on the shore the whole time.

All in all, it was a great get-away for my wife and I and an awesome time for us to reconnect with each other without kids and remember what it's like to be together dating and without the stresses that family life can bring.

I'll post pics later!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Great story Joe... glad you had a good time. ;-D

Metroid wrote:pic or the vacation didn't happen. ;-D

OK... ;-)

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk