A thread for Travel Junkies... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A thread for Travel Junkies...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: A thread for Travel Junkies...

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 am

joejlitz wrote:This weekend, I'm headed to Cleveland to pickett against the Cavs for not doing more to resign James. :-D

Actually, I'm headed there with my pop. We're gonna go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Friday and then go to the Indians game on Friday night against TB. We're not CLE or TB fans - just fans of baseball and seeing new stadiums.

Saturday, we're driving down to Canton to go to the NFL Hall of Fame, which is the real purpose of this trip. I can't wait. Last year, me and pops went to the Baseball HOF and had a great time so we decided to make Canton this summer's trip. I'll try to post pics when we get back.

Cleveland's stadium is great ;-D

My dad and I take a road trip every summer to see a ballgame in different stadiums each year, so we've seen all of the current ones aside from Citi Field and Target Field. Cleveland's stadium is in his top 5 and in my top 10 ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am

I'm heading out to Munich tomorrow for the 200 year anniversary of Oktoberfest. We'll be barely coherent for 5 days before flying down to Rome for two weeks. Our closest friends will be in tow for the first 10 days so it should be a crazy vacation.

I'll make sure to post pics when I return.

Until then, good luck in your leagues! ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Two weeks in Romo... that sounds like a sex film 8-o

Have a great trip biju.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:47 pm

biju wrote:I'm heading out to Munich tomorrow for the 200 year anniversary of Oktoberfest. We'll be barely coherent for 5 days before flying down to Rome for two weeks. Our closest friends will be in tow for the first 10 days so it should be a crazy vacation.

Dude - that's awesome! ;-D

Ever been to 'The Eternal City' before? It's incredible. Walking around, it's like a museum at every turn. I especially liked the Sistine Chapel. It was surreal to me to see this amazing work in person after seeing it on TV and in print for all those years. I stood in there for about an hour just taking it in.

Have a blast, and pics are a MUST! ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Pats4four » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Reading about all your travels makes me jealous and wish that I wasn't broke and could afford to go to some of these places BUT one country that I haven't been to before and would love to go to is Spain.

I'd like to go to the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona to have a look around but another place that I'd love to go to would be San Sebastian. I love food and I've read some books regarding the Basque region and it seems to me that there is a plethora of good places to eat in San Sebastian. Just wondering if anyone has been there before, if so what was it like?

PS Does anyone watch the Anthony Bourdain shows?
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Was just in D.C. on a business trip. Got one day of sight-seeing done, pretty cool place. ;-D

Next up - Disney Land in November. Haven't been there in about ten years, should be fun.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Whoa... a Cuna sighting... :-* :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Pats4four wrote:I'd like to go to the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona to have a look around but another place that I'd love to go to would be San Sebastian. I love food and I've read some books regarding the Basque region and it seems to me that there is a plethora of good places to eat in San Sebastian. Just wondering if anyone has been there before, if so what was it like?

Indeed, I have. Outside of Barcelona (duh, look at my avatar :-b), San Sebastian is my favorite city in Spain. Brilliant seaside town that has the right mix of hustle and bustle and the coziness of a lazy fishing/beach town. I've been there five times and I wanted to go back last Summer when I was in Barcelona after the World Cup, but alas, I got stuck in with family reunions and didn't get the chance.

As far as food goes, it's true that the Basque country has the best in Spain and San Sebastian in particular is a foodie haven. Tons of bars, night clubs, and restaurants all within walking distance. In general in Spain, you can find fantastic food for a reasonable price, and the same holds true in San Sebastian, only less hit-or-miss than say, Barcelona and Madrid. San Sebastian tends to be pricier on average, for that reason. It's also true that the Basques make the best tapas, or pintxos as they're called in Basque.

The only gripe about San Sebastian is it's an adventure to get there and also to drive around. Otherwise, I'd say it's a must-visit. If you love to surf as well, San Sebastian has some fine waves outside of the main in-city beach (La Concha).
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 pm

biju wrote:I'm heading out to Munich tomorrow for the 200 year anniversary of Oktoberfest. We'll be barely coherent for 5 days before flying down to Rome for two weeks. Our closest friends will be in tow for the first 10 days so it should be a crazy vacation.

Oktoberfest in Munich is surely on my bucket list. I haven't been to Germany yet, unfortunately, and Munich is the very tops on my list of German cities to visit. The Champions League Final will be there in 2012, methinks, and that's another brilliant excuse to see Munich. ;-D

Lucky you, hope you're having one hell of a time. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Ever been to 'The Eternal City' before? It's incredible. Walking around, it's like a museum at every turn. I especially liked the Sistine Chapel. It was surreal to me to see this amazing work in person after seeing it on TV and in print for all those years. I stood in there for about an hour just taking it in.

I've been to Rome a couple of times myself. It's an absolute must for anyone to visit Rome at least once to actually feel and see the history of the place. Outside of that, I'm not that keen on Rome personally. All the en vogue parts of modern Rome are overpriced/overrated for what they really are and the hole-in-the-wall places in lousy neighborhoods present the best values. Not the kind of city that keeps me calling to revisit.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk