Pierre Thomas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pierre Thomas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pierre Thomas

Postby bungle613 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:23 am

Just rambling but it looks like Payton is actually dumb enough to go offense in the 1st round and grab Wells. If this happens, RB hungry teams should run to the phone and get Thomas. I truly believe he is an NFL caliber back and once the 1st is spent on a RB I bet he could be had for a 4th or maybe even a 5th rounder, no more than a late 3rd. Zona, Denver, Seattle and even teams like Green Bay and Indy should be watching this one closely.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pierre Thomas

Postby DemonDeacon » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:00 pm

i 100% agree. Im very high on Peirre Thomas and I dont know what Payton doesnt see in him... I think he could be had for a 3rd and I think thats an absolute steal. Another back im suprised hasnt been traded is Tashard Choice. Like Thomas he hasnt had a great deal of pt in the NFL but my god when they've played they've been good.
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Payton has always been this way, he values offense way too much and that's why I never felt he would make a great HC, the great HC's always seem to value defense and don't neglect it year after year.

Pierre did everything he could with the chances given, but I guess getting drafted too late was his only downfall...It seems more and more likely that they will draft Wells now because Payton will have a new offensive toy to play with, kinda similiar to how they drafted Meachem in the 1st and didn't need him.

You'd like to think guys like Michael Bush or Pierre Thomas would be traded to a RB starved team, but I don't think NO plans to do so, not with the liklihood of Bush getting hurt every year.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 pm

You have the best offense in the league and go .500. Isn't it obvious which side of the ball needs work. :-?

Peyton likes to have a pass catching 3rd down back and a bruiser. The problem with PT is he is sort of like Bush or at least more fit for that type of role. I think they should shop Bush for some Defense and then grab Wells. PT seems better than Bush to me.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby The Lung » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm not buying any of it. The Saints have no second round pick and have GLARING needs on defense, especially at defensive line. Any interest in Wells is purely a smokescreen, imo. It would be shockingly stupid if they drafted offense with their only first-day choice.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:34 pm

The Lung wrote:I'm not buying any of it. The Saints have no second round pick and have GLARING needs on defense, especially at defensive line. Any interest in Wells is purely a smokescreen, imo. It would be shockingly stupid if they drafted offense with their only first-day choice.

I hope you are right Lung (as a Pierre Thomas owner in a couple leagues) IT looks like a stupid, stupid move but it is a rumour that just isn't going away.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 am

New Orleans could get a top player on defense at virtually any position at their spot. IT would be a shame for their fans if they went out and grabbed yet another RB. Reggie Bush has shown he can be fragile and Pierre Thomas has looked pretty damn good... I think RB talk could be just a smokescreen. Someone might be dumb enough to trade up for the "#1 RB" right around that spot.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mikus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:45 am

This whole Beanie Wells thing screams smokescreen to me. Just like the Browns' "interest" in Mark Sanchez. The Saints are trying to sucker someone into trading up for one of the top running backs to gather a few extra draft picks. I cannot see Payton and Mickey Loomis being so short-sighted as to draft a running back when the two on the roster -- in addition to Heath Evans now, a short-yardage type -- have more than enough firepower to go around.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Return to Football Talk