Bucs sign Leftwich - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bucs sign Leftwich

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bucs sign Leftwich

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Byron Leftwich will lead the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl. He will have a statue erected on his honor, and from that day forward Bucs fans will wonder if that is Byron standing outside the stadium or not.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm

mattb47 wrote:That slow release time is what gives him trouble

That and he seems to have problems with the 5 yard line tackling him. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Jeff Garcia to Byron Leftwich = downgrade.

I was dead wrong on couple of teams last year, but Tampa to me looks like a shoe-in for 5-11 type performance. Unfortunately, Tampa ended the season #3 in the NFC South standings as well, so no "worst to first" magic in store for them either.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 pm

"shoe-in"??? :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Leftwich won't beat McCown out for the job. McCown will win the job because he is actually a good quarterback and Leftwich is nothing more than a career backup. I am glad they signed him though. It means they won't draft Freeman's sorry behind.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:28 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Leftwich won't beat McCown out for the job. McCown will win the job because he is actually a good quarterback and Leftwich is nothing more than a career backup. I am glad they signed him though. It means they won't draft Freeman's sorry behind.

What's with all this confidence in McCown? Has he really shown anything at all at this point? Bringing in a guy like Leftwich, who is out there looking for a chance to start, doesn't really seem like a strong endorsement for McCown.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Leftwich won't beat McCown out for the job. McCown will win the job because he is actually a good quarterback and Leftwich is nothing more than a career backup. I am glad they signed him though. It means they won't draft Freeman's sorry behind.

What's with all this confidence in McCown? Has he really shown anything at all at this point? Bringing in a guy like Leftwich, who is out there looking for a chance to start, doesn't really seem like a strong endorsement for McCown.

One of the radio guys here put the talk about McCown best. He said anyone who says he will be great doesn't know, and anyone who says he will suck, doesn't know. The fact is he has played in a few games, but what he has played as a Buc he looked solid. He has the athletic ability to move around and make plays, he has a great arm, and seems to read defenses. It does not suprise me whatsoever that they brought Leftwich in. They said at the start of the offseason they wanted 4 QBs going into training camp. They also need a proven back up. I think Griese will be gone, McCown will start, Leftwich is back up, and Josh Johnson is the future and thrid Qb.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:

One of the radio guys here put the talk about McCown best. He said anyone who says he will be great doesn't know, and anyone who says he will suck, doesn't know. The fact is he has played in a few games, but what he has played as a Buc he looked solid. He has the athletic ability to move around and make plays, he has a great arm, and seems to read defenses. It does not suprise me whatsoever that they brought Leftwich in. They said at the start of the offseason they wanted 4 QBs going into training camp. They also need a proven back up. I think Griese will be gone, McCown will start, Leftwich is back up, and Josh Johnson is the future and thrid Qb.

So you think Tampa 100% passes up Freeman if he's there for their first rounder(or even Sanchez if he falls)? Some people are comparing this guy to Big Ben..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

100% they pass on Freeman. Freeman sucks and will be a bust in the NFL. Raheem coached him before and knows that. He also knows that he will be linked to Freeman and by acting like they are interested they have other teams guessing who the Bucs will pick when they are going in another direction. They will draft defense. IMO, a DE or a CB. They will not take Freeman.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:100% they pass on Freeman. Freeman sucks and will be a bust in the NFL. Raheem coached him before and knows that. He also knows that he will be linked to Freeman and by acting like they are interested they have other teams guessing who the Bucs will pick when they are going in another direction. They will draft defense. IMO, a DE or a CB. They will not take Freeman.

Or 100% they draft him, tick me off, and waste a first round pick on a guy that sucks

Great. Awesome. I hate my life again.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk